Zul Logoth Armed Protection Patrol 09/04/2021 04:31 PM CDT
The Zul Logoth Armed Protection Patrol (unofficially ZAPP!) is now actively patrolling the tunnels of Zul Logoth!

If an adventurer in any of the Zul Logoth hunting areas finds themselves in a spot of trouble whether stunned, prone, or low on health, and there is no other capable adventurer present there is a chance ZAPP will come to their aid in battle to hopefully prevent that adventurer from dying.

The chance of a patrol coming to aid is increased for citizens and partial citizens of Zul Logoth. ZAPP will keep records of who they help on any given day and they will only help people once a day. At midnight the slate is wiped clean.

Please post here with any questions, comments, suggestions, or if any problems arise.

Happy hunting!

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Zul Logoth Armed Protection Patrol 09/10/2021 08:46 AM CDT
Hey tunnel hunters,

The guards are taking a break while I look into some of their odd behavior. A post will be forthcoming once the issues are sorted out.

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Zul Logoth Armed Protection Patrol 09/20/2021 01:54 PM CDT
I've taken a look at the guard behavior and everything seems to be working as intended. They don't like getting hit so please try to be aware of them in the room. If issues continue please do post here or bug them.

I'm seeing them assist multiple people on most days so thats the good news!

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Zul Logoth Armed Protection Patrol 10/18/2021 08:21 PM CDT
Unfortunately, I indeed was an unexpected victim. Tested my UAC user hunting bandits, got stunned by one and the guards came. I used the weaponskill CLASH and this multistrike hit both the bandit and the guard, so the guard proceeded to chop my head off. I didn't realize the guard was there at first, since the yellow text can blend in with the rest of combat.

I'm highlighting dwarven guard as a precaution next time. It was still an unpleasant surprise. :(

^Conrash, dwarven cleric of Icemule and follower of Oleani
Re: Zul Logoth Armed Protection Patrol 10/19/2021 01:40 PM CDT
Ok, shutting this down until further notice. I'll see what kind of solution I can come up with for "friendly fire" situations.

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Zul Logoth Armed Protection Patrol 10/20/2021 01:46 AM CDT
>Ok, shutting this down until further notice. I'll see what kind of solution I can come up with for "friendly fire" situations.

maybe something like this:

1. Trigger for citizen in parlous state goes off

Immediate messaging that the guard has noticed something and the dwarven cavalry are mounting their giant snails.

2. Somewhat later (the critters should still have a chance to act, and they are snails) the cavalry arrives.

Similar procedure to arrests. Action is immediate so no possibility of friendly fire. Character dropped off at healer rather than the jail, healed and billed, and left in an appropriate chunk of RT. Messaging about what the guards do, but they aren't actually present in game as targets to be hit while they are doing it. Maybe dragged to the cleric if a corpse but left to arrange their own rez.

PSM3 targetting seems to have quite a few bugs in it still, so it might be tricky to have guards present and unable to be targetted accidentally while a character is in desperate combat.
Re: Zul Logoth Armed Protection Patrol 10/21/2021 10:44 PM CDT
LOL omg giant snail mounts. That's hilarious and I love it.

In my particular issue, I wasn't actually in peril. I believe I was at full health, or at least close to full. It was just that I was put into a stunned state and/or fell as a result of either a bandit trap or a maneuver that triggered the guards to show up. Hence why I didn't realize I was in any sort of danger.

The only thing I worry about with this is if the guards snatch you away to safety, you're unexpectedly abandoning any loot you may have left on the floor. Also, if its a bandit bounty, you're leaving the bandits still around to ambush someone who may be walking by.

Yes, right now there's not a lot of players in ZL to worry about this being an issue right now. But I hold a vision of ZL being a well populated place someday, so I'd like to think of future proofing.

Having the guards set for friendly fire situations seems the safest option I see so far.
Re: Zul Logoth Armed Protection Patrol 11/04/2021 08:23 PM CDT
The levels of the guards have been adjusted to the hunting areas they patrol. They will still fight back but will not be as overly powerful as before. Please do try to pay attention to your guardians!

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118