Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 03/25/2021 05:57 PM CDT
Calling all fans of Kharag 'doth Dzulthu! Its time for an official OOC meeting on everyone's favorite mining town Zul Logoth, and if its not your favorite, you can tell us why!

Everyone is invited. You don't have to be a citizen. You don't have to be a dwarf. You don't even have to have silvers in the Bank of Zul Logoth. Come hang with the dwarves, have a few ales, and chat about the bright and not so bright sides of one of Elanthia's hidden gems.

To get maximum participation we'll have two meetings.

Thursday evening, April 8th at 930pm EST

Saturday afternoon, April 10th at 3pm EST

Find the invisible stairs in the Crystalline Cavern with the huge monument to get to the meeting place.

See you then!

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 04/05/2021 02:59 PM CDT
Just a reminder that the Zul Logoth OOC meetings are this Thursday at 9:30pm and Saturday at 3pm.

I will a post summary here that we can follow up on.

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 04/08/2021 05:20 PM CDT
First meeting tonight at 930pm EST. You don't have to be a citizen, or a dwarf, to join the OOC discussion.

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 04/10/2021 12:31 PM CDT
Hey everyone I had an emergency come up and will not be able to make the OOC meeting scheduled for 3pm EST today.

I'm rescheduling for next Saturday the 17th at 3pm EST.

Sorry about that! We'll reconvene in a week's time!

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 04/16/2021 06:03 PM CDT
The daytime Zul Logoth OOC meeting is tomorrow Saturday April 17th at 3pm EST.

You don't have to be a citizen, or a dwarf, to talk about the town at the center of the Elanthian continent!

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 04/19/2021 07:54 PM CDT
After talking with some of you over the course of the two meetings it is very clear that there is a consensus on a few issues that face Zul Logoth. The suggested solutions to those issues are where there is a wider variance. What follows are my notes of the ISSUES that were brought up at the meetings.

ACCESS

Provide easier access in general but especially for low level players. The trip from the western side is very difficult with the Vipershroud and ropes and the trip from the eastern side is almost impossible without climbing ranks.

HUNTING

Zul Logoth needs more hunting in general with an emphasis at both ends of the spectrum. Low level and capped.

Since Zul Logoth is the base for the Guardians of Sunfist society it would be good to have more hated enemies of the society available at all levels in local hunting areas.

Filling the 80-90s undead gap would be a bonus.

AMENITIES

With a low population it was suggested there be an NPC that could help drag, heal, and raise PCs.

SOLUTIONS

These issues have been heard and I agree with all of them. But the solutions to them are not something I can provide details or promise a timeline on. I will however endeavor to find some!

Thanks to everyone for coming to the OOC meetings. We will do it again in 6 months time. Please feel free to keep the conversation going here on the forum. I visit the forums daily.

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 04/24/2021 11:00 AM CDT
Thanks for looking into a small town!

>ACCESS

I don't think this is a real problem. I've easily had characters at level 3 join GoS. Under level 20, one can set the goals appropriately, and ring back. And if you die under level 10, there's only the time to run and try it again. One does need some planning, and Water Walking helps. The Vipershroud creatures are more a problem than the skill check, so why worry about "fixing" anything else?

>HUNTING

Missed the two talks (only showed up to the one that was cancelled), but even the added kiramon was really exciting! Thanks!

>AMENETIES

Can monks even do the deed puzzle? Not sure we ever really figured it out anyway. But with BOOST GIFT LORMINSTRA these things are a non-issue in modern times, IMO.

>OTHER

Am I mistaken that there are no grimswarm warcamps inside Zul? I checked the other day and there were none anywhere. I will have to check again, but if so, this is fairly ludicrous I'd say.
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 04/25/2021 10:12 AM CDT

>>
>OTHER

>>Am I mistaken that there are no grimswarm warcamps inside Zul? I checked the other day and there were none anywhere. I will have to check again, but if so, this is fairly ludicrous I'd say.

Think that's normal, Sunfister's protects they home, ye know.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 09/12/2021 06:03 PM CDT
I realize I'm late to the party, family life has kept me away for a while and I'm recently returned and eager to jump back into the town I love so much. First I have to say I really enjoy the rooftop of the town hall. I think the bell is great, haven't figured out how to toot the horn yet but I will I imagine. Second I really appreciate the effort you've been putting in as the new town Guru Netz. It was refreshing to see activity on the boards upon my return. I spent hours upon hours organizing player run events to get folks to Zul Logoth but its hard work so I don't envy your position.

>ACCESS

>Provide easier access in general but especially for low level players. The trip from the western side is very difficult with the Vipershroud and ropes and the trip from the eastern side is almost impossible without climbing ranks.

Access isn't so much an issue with the guide system players can use travel tokens to get to Zul Logoth I think maybe? if not it should be added as a destination.

>HUNTING

>Zul Logoth needs more hunting in general with an emphasis at both ends of the spectrum. Low level and capped.Since Zul Logoth is the base for the Guardians of Sunfist society it would be good to have more hated enemies of the society available at all levels in local hunting areas.Filling the 80-90s undead gap would be a bonus.

Hunting at higher levels is the first and foremost issue. Having to leave the mountain to hunt is frustrating because a cart ride to and from a hunt means more time off node and that puts those of us who want to return home at a disadvantage.

I have seen elemental confluences in the caverns thats a decent option but they are rather tedious to get access to in my opinion.
Warcamps would be great and while it doesn't really make sense to pop them in the caves themselves they could be allowed to generate out toward Eorgana's homestead on the western face. Another option would be to expand the area at the sumit up the chute in the ruby tunnels it already has a hearty climb check to get up there it would make a nice little hunting area if expanded. Another alternative would be let the grandmaster in Zul Logoth give out warparty tasks it would be logical, the grimswarm constantly probing the societies defences. Those tasks generate like level critters for folks to hunt in the local tunnels. I often will check in with him numerous times until I get one if I'm trying to hunt in town.

>AMENITIES With a low population it was suggested there be an NPC that could help drag, heal, and raise PCs.

I have a lot of ideas but my main gripe with Zul logoth is there are tunnels the the guards say are citizens only and they wont let citizens pass this really gets my goat, I look at maps of Ta'Illistim and think how amazing and vast the elf city is with a sister city just down the road and a small outpost in between lots of elves in one place relatively close together. Zul Logoth is saposed to be the new Kalaza but it feels compact not vast... I like ZAPP and the idea of it, I haven't seen them in action but its a great addition. I'd like to know where to sign up for it.

I know mining and smelting is comming RSN but...... while we continue to wait.
Make the smelter shop citizen and partial citizen only and operational. make getting ore for it like the mini quest for the kobold mines only you have to get yourself a mining pick and DIG all around the caverns with the dangerous critters on the prowl. Once you find a spot of ore you take it to the smelter and it works like the NPC smelter at EG and duskruin producing a random slab of metal. A little more work for the year round benefit but a great amenity for citizens.

We don't have town pins, I suggest a horn that can summon zaap once a day that can be activated no mater what your status condition or activates when your stunned and prone.

Another bonus that might draw in some crowds would be if the guild workshops and forges in Zul Logoth provided a Gift of Eonak like buff for everyone citizen or non citizens alike it could be all year round or certain times of the year when the corresponding arkartis' constellations are prevelant in the night sky. like spring would be a bonus for forging and wps, summer could be a bonus to ensorcling due to jastev's crystal dominating the night sky, and fall bonus for enchanting when the queen of enlightment appears. Then during the winter months all craftsmen enjoy a bonus under Flash'lo'nae's eye.

Bring the Mithril Juggernaught in once a year for maintenance, doesn't have to be an official merchant too do, just a town based event like festival of the fallen or frontier days or one of those events like all the other towns have.

>SOLUTIONS These issues have been heard and I agree with all of them. But the solutions to them are not something I can provide details or promise a timeline on. I will however endeavor to find some!

A heartfelt thank you for the effort. One day I know I won't have any reason to leave the mountain and there will be plenty of folks to drink ale in the bluerock with me.

-Player of Frorin
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 09/13/2021 07:33 PM CDT

I figured out how to toot the horn!
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting 2021 09/13/2021 08:26 PM CDT
I figured out how to toot the horn!
LORD-FRORIN

I'm glad you are enjoying the little updates I've been doing around the tunnels. There are more to come!

Your suggestions are good and have been seen. Keep them coming and welcome back!

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting II 2021 11/06/2021 12:27 PM CDT
Time for another OOC meeting! Lets try for Saturday December 4th at 3pm EST. Find the stairs in the Crystalline Cavern by the monument.

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting II 2021 12/06/2021 01:06 PM CST
We had another successful Meeting Under the Mountain last weekend.

Concerns that were raised...

Add AG and GOS tasks for higher levels within ZL proper.

More hunting areas.

Citizenship verbs. Any ideas here are welcome!

Update/fix deed puzzle.

Bring herb prices in line with other towns.

Add weapon conversion chamber. There already is one in Brutarius Kodel Weaponry.

Sanctify the supernode at ZL TC Crystalline Caverns by the monument. Done!

If I've missed anything or if anyone has anything they'd like to add please do post here.

Thanks for coming out!

FGM Netz
World Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting II 2021 12/06/2021 04:26 PM CST
A route to Icemule! :D

A storyline of dwarves randomly popping out in Illistim and the elves going, "Uhh, what are you doing here? This is a serious breach of.. hey.. don't ignore us!" :D (because the dwarves were just mining and ended up in Illistim)
Re: Meeting Under the Mountain: Zul Lugoth OOC Meeting II 2021 12/10/2021 05:22 PM CST

>>A storyline of dwarves randomly popping out in Illistim and the elves going, "Uhh, what are you doing here? This is a serious breach of.. hey.. don't ignore us!" :D (because the dwarves were just mining and ended up in Illistim)

Some dwarves believe Ta'Illistim is named for the dwarven tunnel that opens near the pond in the Maernstrike Caverns near to where the kiramon are found. The dwarves call that area "Ill Steam".

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)