Bright Nights in the Shining City 11/07/2021 02:16 PM CST
Tomorrow is the first Rp night in Ta'Illistim.

Meet on the Green around 9 PM EST.

Come join us for some elven fun, anything can happen!

(no poison please)

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Ta'Vaalor
Elves
Dark Elves

Avawren ~ I have Survival and a knife. I can work it out.
Re: Bright Nights in the Shining City 11/22/2021 08:39 AM CST
Inside a stiff white envelope is a sheet of faintly watermarked vellum bearing the Bayvel family crest.

Lord Aeriadrn Ghaeriden Illistim
Office of the Seneschal
Ta'Illistim Keep
22nd day of Eoantos, in the year 5121
Seneschal,
I seek your assistance in arranging a possible meeting with our beloved Argent Mirror. I have a proposal that I would like to present to her and would appreciate the opportunity to do so in person, if that is possible.
I await the Mirror's deliberation of my request and have the honour to be her most humble and obedient servant.
High Lady Rohese Bayvel
Loremaster of Mist Harbor Library
Scrivener of Ta'Illistim

OOC note to Valyrka: Unfortunately, I am unable to make the scheduled sessions in Ta'Illistim due to time zone differences so I am hoping you might be able to accommodate the above request. The "proposal" is basically an RP opportunity that I would like to expand on with others - as many as wish to be involved - and I will explain more if it's given the green light!

>>https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese (prime)
Re: Bright Nights in the Shining City 11/23/2021 02:29 PM CST
Archious finished the passage in his book as the small crowd filtered off the Green.

<An map of unknown origin, made by an unknown hand, for an unknown purpose. The Curator must be quite bored to spend time on something like this...>

Archious quickly closed his book with a snap, driving a small puff of dust out from between its pages, and placed it back inside his shroud carefully. He rose and strode out into the street, pulling the cowl around his head to shield himself from the night's chill. He heard the snuffle of his guard's heavy boots on the cobblestones behind him as he made his way toward the Tower's annex.

<Well, if a few books will garner a little goodwill with the Illistim Elves, the small effort to send for reading materials might be worthwhile.>

Archious cut through Fraendel Court, stopping outside The Lost Home. He stepped through the door and pushed the cowl of his shroud down, arranging it carefully on his shoulders. He wandered through the halls until he found the appropriate passage and entered. Inside the lounge, Archious settled himself into one of the chairs around the crackling hearth and produced some stationary and a quill. He quickly set to work writing a few short notes.

<Send me copies of any volumes regarding plant-based ink and paper production, either ours or other observed techniques. I need them within a fortnight. And consult with the Khanshael artisans. I want to know how they produce paper for our use. Do send a q'hali who can speak to these matters with some semblance of intelligence.>

Archious held the note aloft without turning his head. He heard heavy footfalls behind him and his guard accepted the paper. Sunwu stepped out for a moment and whispered something to a nearby attendant. It would take a few days for the rider to reach Sharath, but the Loremasters should have no trouble finding the necessary materials and sending them back in time to allow a proper review.
Re: Bright Nights in the Shining City 12/06/2021 02:33 AM CST
Polite bump on this. Would love to have a response, even if it’s a “No, go away!”

Thanks

Re: Bright Nights in the Shining City 12/18/2021 08:27 AM CST
An ivory parchment stamped with the crest of Ta'Illistim

Lady Rohese Bayvel
Mist Harbor Library

Lady Bayvel,

I apologize for the short notice. The Argent Mirror will be able to speak with you as soon as this afternoon at one. She also has an opening at ten in the morning tomorrow. She will be taking tea in the Solarium. You may send a response to my office if either of those times fit into your schedule.

Office of the Seneschal
Ta'Illistim Keep

OOC: I have been dealing with a family member in the hospital, and apologize for the wait. Let me know if another time is needed.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Ta'Vaalor
Elves
Dark Elves

Avawren ~ I have Survival and a knife. I can work it out.
Re: Bright Nights in the Shining City 12/19/2021 05:22 AM CST
Inside a stiff white envelope is a sheet of faintly watermarked vellum bearing the Bayvel family crest.

Office of the Seneschal
Ta'Illistim Keep
19th day of Eorgaen, in the year 5121
Seneschal,
Thank you for arranging such a prompt meeting with the Argent Mirror, please pass on my appreciation for finding time in Her busy schedule and I eagerly await word on the Council's deliberation of the proposal presented.
I have the honour to be her Reflection's most humble and obedient servant.
High Lady Rohese Bayvel
Loremaster of Mist Harbor Library
Scrivener of Ta'Illistim

OOC note: Rohese presented a binder to the Mirror yesterday containing a proposal for an extension to the Ta'Illistim Arboretum. I have uploaded the proposal into a google doc for all to read and I am hoping more people will be willing to come on board with their own research proposals or add their ideas for future studies etc. I am very grateful to those who have already indicated their interest, thank you!

Rohese can be reached through player mail in game or please do not hesitate to reach out to me on discord if you would like to discuss it further.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TXNF5qoE5xtNSVrzAcpAMyg377GRDp-_/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=114419375887567165239&rtpof=true&sd=true