Masters of Lore program? 02/14/2021 05:13 PM CST
Hello, I am wondering if there is any official path for player characters to participate in the Masters of Lore in Ta'Illistim? Player characters could begin as initiate Students of Lore upon acceptance, and work their way through the ranks, however low that ceiling might be. It would be a opportunity for quite a wide variety of characters to participate in interesting goal-oriented roleplay, and could have events with magical focuses like elemental research or alchemical discovery, history and archaeology, and more.

Thanks,
Ysaeril's player
Re: Masters of Lore program? 02/14/2021 06:28 PM CST
I love this suggestion and would also be interested in hearing if there is a possible route.

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Masters of Lore program? 02/14/2021 07:08 PM CST
Is this akin to the official military stuff in Solhaven/Vaalor?
Re: Masters of Lore program? 02/14/2021 07:28 PM CST
There is not at this time. But thank you for the suggestion.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves

Avawren ~ I have Survival and a knife. I can work it out.
Re: Masters of Lore program? 02/15/2021 02:32 AM CST
I would also love to see something like this!

>>https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: Masters of Lore program? 02/22/2021 08:57 PM CST
Same. Or Sapphire Guard or Artificers or ... (there are so many groups and social clubs in TI it is kinda overwhelimg)

- Amalexia and Others
Re: Masters of Lore program? 03/11/2021 09:36 AM CST
This is definitely something Luc has been interested in pursuing.

- Luceon's player

~You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest. You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles. You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses. You think to yourself, "Deal with it."
Re: Masters of Lore program? 03/11/2021 09:47 AM CST
I would be happy to see this, too, especially if it included Sapphire Guard and other groups as Amalexia suggested! I'd love to see it in Plat as well, if this does come about.
Re: Masters of Lore program? 10/27/2021 11:19 AM CDT
Hello, just checking in again as we approach the end of the year. I am still interested in and curious whether there will be opportunities to partake in Masters of Lore program in Ta'Illistim. I understand that staff may not have the bandwidth to run something like this - so in absence of officially sanctioned roleplay, I would ask whether there is any rule against playing our characters as though they have been accepted into the program and are working their way through.

Thanks,
Ysaeril's player
Re: Masters of Lore program? 10/27/2021 05:06 PM CDT
I'd been hoping for something like this for a long time, since right now there is only the Crimson Legion for Ta'Vaalor, and the Handmaidens for Ta'Illistim.
As Masters of Lore in Ta'Illistim is not particularly restricted to those of elvish blood (see: Aramur Forean), it would serve as an excellent diving board for expanded RP opportunities.

-Talinvor's player
Re: Masters of Lore program? 10/28/2021 06:42 AM CDT
Adding my voice to this too! I would love to be able to expand on Roh's Loremaster title but have always been wary of doing so for fear of it being frowned upon despite the absence of officially sanctioned opportunities. Please consider opening this up for Prime players as has been done in Plat.

>>https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese (prime)
Re: Masters of Lore program? 10/28/2021 03:14 PM CDT
My original plan for Avawren was to have her based in Ta'Illistim escaping the problems of her life with study and mastery. RP waylaid that idea but she's always secretly regretted not getting to nerd out in the Shining City. If this sort of thing were open to non-Illistim elves I'd be all over it as a way to pick up that lost storyline thread.

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren
Re: Masters of Lore program? 10/29/2021 10:13 AM CDT
I, too, would be greatly interested in this! My Ardenai has traveled to spend time in Ta'Illistim to expand her knowledge of certain magical arts (and other historical pursuits).

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Masters of Lore program? 12/08/2021 05:08 AM CST

Due to projects that are current being worked on, we're not going to be making changes at this point in time, but it may come under review eventually.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Ta'Vaalor
Elves
Dark Elves