Requiem and Renewal 06/10/2022 07:49 PM CDT
The Renewal post made a short time ago is the coda/epilogue to mark the end of this storyline, Requiem and Renewal. That does not mean story elements introduced during this storyline have also ended, they will most certainly continue. The diplomatic exchange between House Illistim and the Turamzzyrian Empire, being a prime example. But the formal bounds for this story were the wedding of Kasendra and Salnim and the passing of Sentinel Chandrennin. One where life was lost and reflected upon, but new things also began and brought hope, thus the title of Requiem and Renewal.

This storyline was different from some of those I have done in the past, and was a bit less focused on the smaller on the ground moments. It is my hope that it served as an enjoyable way of moving events and the plot forward on a larger scale, but still provided a means to engage with it. I as always would appreciate any feedback you have for it, whether here on the forums or on Discord, be it the things you liked or things you did not. It is also my intention to hold an OOC meeting after Rumor Woods has ended, so that would be another venue and time for feedback upon this and anything else.

Also like to take a moment to thank my fellow GMs for their support, large and small throughout this. Be from approvals on high, to playing NPCs, to the feedback on story elements and post, thank you all for your help along the way.

Until then I will see you around the Free Port.

-Lydil
Re: Requiem and Renewal 06/12/2022 03:32 PM CDT

This storyline was of interest to my two longest played characters.
Even better, hooks seem to tie into other storylines that came before.

From Clunk's perspective, the Sentinel was Elanithia's current leader in the fight againt the Demons. Prior lines are:

* the archive dig at Rhoska'Tor (or Maalshyve?)
* the incident at Gattroff mountain & and defeat of one Horned Cabal
* the multiple appearances of the Landing Down Under (and Barnom Slim)
* the Valley of Gold
* the Requiem and Renewal scenes

The collection of scenes shows the influence of the demons moving Northward, with diplomatic efforts for the races to understand each other also occurring.
From Clunk's perspective, sharing of understanding is prerequisite to any attempt to unite against the Demons.
(topsiders fight with they-selfs too much)

Even the brief appearance of ShadowGuard seems to tie in.

Best of all, even as folks were speaking at the passing of the Sentinel, Clunk was wondering:
* Will his successor have the same sense of urgency with respect to completing the Demon-wall?
* Will the Human Empire come to realize there are communities to the South of the Demon-wall who view the wall as a curse?
* Will they be abandoned if the wall is completed?
* Will there be a general recognition that the Demons already have made their way well North of the Wall, and that perhaps the wall is of little use?
* Will there be a shift from fighting between the races, to fighting the undead and demons?
* Will there be a shift from defense against the Demons, to seeking their source?
* If we find that source, what then?

So all in all, thank you, and thank all who helped, both GMs and players, for putting this together and playing it all out.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Requiem and Renewal 06/12/2022 03:44 PM CDT
And more:

Are Demons sentient?
IF so, will they become aware of the change in Leadership?
Will they view it as a time of weakness and confusion amongst the enemy?
Does it even matter to them?

Or are they just hungry animals, looking to feed wherever is easiest?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Requiem and Renewal 06/13/2022 10:49 PM CDT
Demons are sentient I'd say.
Doubtful, even among spies I think they know the collective stance of those assembled.
Yes, they'll likely move and push accordingly, but Aldora is beyond the Wall.
Bannon was well into his 70-80s. It wasn't him alone who stood against the demons. It was the quality of the people he led.