A ebon-hued envelope sealed with sealed by an eclipse symbol pressed in snow white wax 03/21/2022 10:04 AM CDT
Within the envelope is a matching sheet of parchment. The rigid corners of the fuliginous parchment are graced with elaborately inked clusters of edelweiss, drawn to resemble the stars in a stylized sky. Beneath the stars rides a proud, bone white, two-masted frigate flying mist-grey sails. In Common,'The Onyx Eclipse' is neatly penned along the central header of the parchment. It reads...

To the honorable Lady Kasendra Malwind,

Please accept my sincere congratulations upon your recent nuptials. Though I wish this joyous event was the cause of this letter, I'm afraid it is not so. I write to you out of respect for your reputation as a woman of virtue and compassion. I write also out of respect to your family, the Chandrennins, and the grace and favor they have shown the Southern Order of Voln, of which I am a Master. I make a plea for your aid in a matter that may seem small to the great Lords of mighty Vornavis, but is of dire importance to a small few.

The Island of Mist Harbor, of which you may have heard, is besieged by shadowy evils that threaten the very sanity of its residents. In particular danger are the island's children. We mean to move the children off the island as soon as possible. It is not a large population, but some are orphans already from a recent war with Krolvin raiders, while others will be coming with the blessing of their parents who wish them safe.

Our request is the assistance of yourself, your Lord husband and his Excellency, in helping to settle these children in Solhaven or Vornavis until the crisis on our island has ended. I am happy to personally pay for their upkeep and offer the service of my ships, the Sentinel Fleet, in any matter that you might require for the duration of their stay. Our ships swept the trade lanes clear of dangers for weeks during your recent relief ship efforts. They can again be of good service in the future should you wish it.

I realize that the Empire has its own troubles and the work in Mestanir and Talador is ever present. However, if you could open the doors necessary to provide us a solution, you will have my gratitude and service whenever you should need it. Just as my Order relies on your family's succor in Aldora, so to do I seek it now, when an unknown doom threatens the most vulnerable among our small island populace.

With respect and gratitude,

Master Jaysehn Ranshai, Defender of Mist Harbor
Commodore of the Sentinel Fleet
Sentinel of Voln
Preceptor of the Mysteries of the Ebon Blade