Harbor Library Update Request 05/05/2022 09:45 AM CDT
While touring the libraries across Elanthia, I recently became aware that it is possible to purchase a copy of any given book that is available to be checked out via the standard library system.  Naturally, being the typical GS player, I realized that I had to collect every single one of the books out there. Because that just makes sense.

This is done by checking out and turning back in a book enough times until a random chance pops up where the librarian will offer to sell a copy of the book, basically because you like it enough.  The purchase offer is, from what I can tell, entirely random.  It could take 10 tries or over 200.  (I actually ran across a bug associated with this, which fortunately the wonderful GH Sirilida and GM Naos were able address so I could continue the process.)

Buying a book isn't cheap.  After checking out a book a random number of times -- some of them were a bit over 200 checkouts before I got the offer -- you then have to pay an additional fee, which for the ones I purchased was 75-80k silvers.  That results in a variable price that depends on the book sale price, the book checkout fee, and of course the random number of times it takes to trigger the sale offer. I was able to successfully buy all five books in the Solhaven library.

After extensive testing, and apparently a massive waste of money (well in excess of 5m silvers at several libraries), I have gotten confirmation that only the Solhaven library is set up with this system in place.  In addition, there is zero way for a player to see this on our end; it takes a GM looking at the library system in order to see if it was flagged on the back in this way or not.

Mist Harbor's library is NOT set up this way.  I would like to request this be changed so that I can have the option of purchasing some of the books there if I am willing to sink enough funds into the process.

Thank you for considering this.

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.