A Letter to Mist Harbor ~ A QST vignette (of sorts) 03/30/2022 12:05 PM CDT
To the residents of Mist Harbor:

It is with a heavy heart that I write these words, and I know many of you share in my sorrow. The peddler known as Penre was murdered, and his attacker has yet to be located. In addition, Greth Rottgutt has gone missing, and his whereabouts are similarly unknown, despite considerable efforts being put towards the search for either (or both).

With regards to Penre, I am sad to say that he and I had spoken at length of late, and he was fully aware that he was unlikely to survive much longer. He was unwell, though he would not speak in detail, simply stating that he was getting old, and that time was unvanquished. I pressed him to allow the town healer to attend to him, but he declined, saying her skills were needed far more by others. I cannot think of a better example of the kind of man Penre was. Though he knew his time was drawing to a close, the manner of his death brought it to a halt far too soon.

Penre related his final wishes to me, in preparation for his passing. He wanted no fanfare, and no celebration or service. He wanted "a simple stone for a simple man," and nothing more or less. A stone is being arranged, and his remains will be placed in the town's cemetery. There will be no official ceremony, though all are welcome to pay their respects in whatever manner they wish.

Before he is to be interred, however, there have been a number of requests from individuals wishing to examine his remains, in an effort to determine some information that might allow us to locate his killer, that we might enact justice. After some discussion with the town's healer, we have agreed that individuals may have an hour of time to examine the body (under close supervision), after which they may submit questions which will be answered by a thorough autopsy just before interment. None of the examiners will be permitted to disturb the remains in any way, merely to make surface observations upon which to formulate their questions for the healer to attempt to answer when the autopsy is performed. A copy of the report generated after the autopsy will be made available, and the questions posed will be answered there, if possible.

Penre will be interred in the Hour of Lumnis, on the upcoming Restday. The autopsy will be performed in the hours directly preceding. Any who wish to examine the remains will be allowed to do so until that time.

While it saddens me further to be forced to consider mundane matters, two of the three individuals charged with the operations of Mist Harbor are currently unavailable. I have approached Zofiya and asked that she take up some extra duties, but her focus is on other matters at present, and it is my personal opinion that she is unready to take on anything new at this point.

We will persevere, and we will find the individual responsible for Penre's murder. And they will face justice. On this, you have my word.

Stay safe, and look out for each other as best you can.

~Jorgarn
Interim Administrator of Mist Harbor

OOC note: Anyone who wishes to have their character 'examine' Penre may consider this an official clearance to do so. This would need to be done off-screen, and could be done in a vignette or not. This is largely meant to generate questions that the autopsy will attempt to answer. Feel free to email me (GS4-QUILIC@Play.net) your questions, though I can make no guarantees that all questions received will be answered in the report.

Please note that QST may be somewhat shortened this upcoming Sunday, due to RL stuff and things. We will start on time, but my time may be limited to a half an hour or 45 minutes. It depends on how the day is going on my end, and a lot of moving parts.

Please also note the schedule. We will be on hiatus the 17th and 24th (and the days between). That means we have two 'episodes' left before the hiatus.

Thanks everyone for playing along!

~ASGM Quilic
Four Winds Isle/Mist Harbor Storyteller