The Midnight Aerie - Part III (finale) 01/23/2022 08:06 AM CST
OOC note: This is part of a series of vignettes that are player inspired, and not directly related to the official storyline.
Special thanks to GM Quillic, and to the players of Yardie, Jaysehn, Alosaka, Yukito and Kalyrra for the use of the children they developed for sideplots.

Stopping at some bushes, he turns his gaze at the figure attempting to look rather small suddenly. “I see you,” Talinvor says calmly without even turning his head. “Come out.” A large boy stumbles forward, his fists the size of small hams clenched at his side and his brow furrowed. “I know what you did too,” he accuses, tempting his fate with the bard. “I know, I saw,” Talinvor replied casually. “What will you do now?”

“I..don’t know,” the boy replies honestly, a bit of frustration choking his voice. “I.. I don’t fit in here,” he explains and then pauses for a long moment. “And I don’t care!” he nearly shouts as he faces the town as if directing his anger. Talinvor’s huff of a chuckle interjects. “Quite so,” the bard replies casually. “Shall I presume you are done here, Evans?”

The boy nods. “Walk with me then,” he urges Evans. “I have someone you should meet.” Breathing a sigh of relief, he follows the bard to the supply harbor for Lunas Rest. “Hey dwarf,” the bard calls casually to a dark skinned dwarf unloading crates from his small craft. “I have another… removal for you.” The dwarf gives Talinvor a dubious look. Glancing between Evans and the dwarf, Talinvor shrugs. “A small miscreant has no use until they have properly aged. I think he will succeed,” his voice dropping to a sly whisper, “...given the proper motivation.”

Concluding his arrangements, Talinvor took the long walk back to his home just as the dawn’s light began breaching the horizon. Pulling Zofiya’s paper from his belt, he stifled his excitement and slowly unfolded her ink spattered kite. His eyes scanned the contents, flipped it over, tried again and then growled aspirations into the air. “I WIN” it read in shaky letters. Just this, and not the typical vitriol he would have expected. Narrowing his eyes at the disappointment and with a slow exhale of breath, he crumpled it tightly in his fist.

- player of Talinvor

PS. Thank you to Landrai for being an accomplice, providing/suggesting writing supplies for the children!