Questions about the general make-up of the membership of the Locksmith Union. 08/14/2018 10:00 AM CDT
Is this union basically just an organization for the criminal types of locksmiths or are other guild members allowed in this group, such as rangers, and lawful gnomes who just like to lockpick because it's something to tinker with?

Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you. Langston Hughes
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/summer
Re: Questions about the general make-up of the membership of the Locksmith Union. 08/14/2018 10:24 PM CDT
I'm not a Locksmith, but I've noticed members of various guilds. The main requirement seems to be a certain amount of locksmithing ability.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Questions about the general make-up of the membership of the Locksmith Union. 08/16/2018 05:58 PM CDT
Back when it was much bigger, and the game was more active, the union had specific locations set up in each city to pop boxes for hunters in need. Thieves had a lower skill requirement to get in, but anyone that practiced opening boxes beyond a certain rank (150 I think?) was allowed to join and open boxes in these locations. Was a good system once upon a time. Not sure the state of the locksmith union now. Can't imagine it'd be restricted to just guilded thieves currently though.

-Master Ndin
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ndin
Re: Questions about the general make-up of the membership of the Locksmith Union. 10/18/2018 08:23 AM CDT
I apologize for not replying to this sooner. It didn't show up for me in the unread filtering.

The Union is made up of a huge variety of guilds and folks. It is still probably one of the most laid back fun organizations because it's so encompassing. With the significant change in game experience and dynamic, they have also shuffled around responsibilities. So members are of course encouraged to gweth when they are in specific areas when they have the time to commit to opening boxes and helping folks. They have also had to broaden what they do, by attending and partnering with other orders for more events.

Hope that helps!

~Nideaya

#XINGLIFE
#LSUSCROLLSNSTUFF