Starting a Group/Guild/Clan/Family 02/01/2013 04:32 PM CST
Is there any official formal documentation on how these are started or the process to start one?

Thanks,

Your mind hears Person thinking, "$* away"
Your mind hears Tikorro thinking, "Dont mind if I do"
Your mind hears Mossyoak thinking, "haha!"
Your mind hears Person thinking, "shift my bad"
Re: Starting a Group/Guild/Clan/Family 02/01/2013 08:54 PM CST
There used to be official documentation for official guilds and so on, but the Order system has been neglected for a while.

I do remember that you need to write an order charter and bylaws if you wish to have an official order. It might be a good idea to have such a document even for an unofficial order to prevent misunderstandings among the members. You will want to cover the purpose of the Order, the conducts that will be accepted and not accepted, the rites by which new members may be initiated, and the condition under which members may be dismissed.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Starting a Group/Guild/Clan/Family 02/02/2013 12:58 AM CST
Just start it up. If you are wanting a forum category, well, I am not sure what would be required. I imagine if you had a group active enough they might. Being unofficial, there are no real rules or requirements, but you can get as detailed as you want. E-pedia is a good place to keep some general information that folks can look at when they hear about your group/clan/family whatever.

Anyway.. random thoughts on the topic. Good luck with it!

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: Starting a Group/Guild/Clan/Family 02/02/2013 08:34 AM CST
>Is there any official formal documentation on how these are started or the process to start one?

One of what? It would be helpful to know exactly what you were trying to accomplish so that I could give you the proper advice.

CLAN/FAMILY: Right now there is not really a "family" system here in DR. You are able to give your last name to others, which has been what most players seem to do.

GROUP/ORDER: https://www.play.net/dr/info/orders/orders.asp - There is the link to information on the Orders and the requirements for provincial sanctioning.

I've kinda done it all by this point and would be happy to help you with some tips to get the ball started rolling for you. Just click the link under my picture that says e-mail author.

>the Order system has been neglected for a while.

There has been a freeze on new Orders for a few years now, but in no way does that constitute neglect. I think anyone presently in one of the Orders can say with confidence that we are not neglected at all. There has been continuous development done to the Order system and we currently enjoy things that some of the founding members only dreamed about.

>Just start it up. If you are wanting a forum category, well, I am not sure what would be required

If you are wanting a folder here on forums, you simply have to make a post requesting it. I had one for a short time to handle stuff for my Rakash Pack, the Augstawne Girene Dzirta, but rarely used it and it was removed.

>E-pedia

He means this: http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Category:Player_Organizations

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.