The Eastern Island Trading Company 04/15/2008 07:08 PM CDT
I was thinking of starting an organization or sorts, to help with import/export of goods around the realms, and to perhaps consolidate traders as a guild (but this organization of course would not be limited to only traders)

The Eastern Island Trading Company will be based out of Ratha, but I hope to have it extend all throughout the lands. What I want is for it to be a network of traders and artisans who can help protect each other from thieves, warn of thieves along the routes or in busy areas, and be used as contacts to help get goods for the markets and such delivered more quickly. I also hope that they would all accept vouchers printed by any other member trader. If we consolidate, we can control the flow of goods, and have more of a say with government rulings, and help curb any crimes against our members.

Think the East Indies Trading Company meets the Lockpicking Unionat its prime. As an import/exporter myself based out of Ratha, I know I would at least find it useful to have associates on the mainland.

Eddrik
Re: The Eastern Island Trading Company 04/16/2008 02:22 PM CDT
I may be interested, what all would be involved?

Details!

~Zaktraw
Re: The Eastern Island Trading Company 04/16/2008 03:48 PM CDT
I'm going to try to have an Ingame meeting about it... so we can see the interest. I want to keep it unofficial for now, due to the fact an official one requires dues (unless we can get one of the governments to support it for us)

What we'll start with I think is when we get an idea of who we're going to work with, we'll have a website put up with the members so we'll be able to see who's where and whatnot, and that way we'll know which vouchers we can accept as well.

I think if we can get official backing, or enough funds to turn it official, we can move to try to get our own shipping lines, like the vault moving, on goods between members in our order houses, and hoepfully even official order vouchers, But step one would be to have that meeting to see interest.

Eddrik
Re: The Eastern Island Trading Company 04/30/2008 12:01 PM CDT
Eddrik, any updates on if/when a meeting will occur?

~Zaktraw