how do I start a new organization? 09/08/2005 05:56 PM CDT
would Like to create one for outside the scope of cities and militias

An organization that protects the forests and wilds so to speak, that isnt a military faction or political in nature.
Re: how do I start a new organization? 09/09/2005 11:57 AM CDT
First, you need goals and a purpose to your organization. Then you need to find like-minded people and try to work out how to best meet eachother, and to meet your goals. This board is one of the best to use for that purpose, if you can't locate everyone in-game. Good luck!

Ryeka, formerly of the Order of Light

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: how do I start a new organization? 09/09/2005 08:56 PM CDT
I concur with everything Ryeka said, especially finding "like-minded people". Another point to consider is whether or not you want to have "offical" status. I do not know the exact requirements, but from my experience with ODS (I know the fouders IG and IRL) you need to have a council, several officers, complete bylaws and have regular and council meetings on a regular basis. Was a TON of work and I didn't see many tangible benefits (ooo, a badge with verbs). Should you meet at the requirement for offical sanction, I have no idea which GM/GMs are responsible for guilds.

If you have a dozen or so people that want to RP as "Protectors of the North Trade Route" and have fun with it, great...probably the easiest route to go. If you want to be an offical order, good luck...have a bunch of nemoih root on hand as you WILL get a headache.

Regards,

Kalkomar Axebiter
Staan Grimis
Formerly of the Order of the Dragon Shield
Re: how do I start a new organization? 09/09/2005 10:05 PM CDT
ok, what I am wanting is sort of the old fashioned guilds, where people of differing professions band together and help each other out, be it shopping runs, foraging runs and the like. Eventually forming consignment guild or something to that effect when careers come out. enough of the city and political stuff. this be for people who want to be away from the city life.
Re: how do I start a new organization? 09/11/2005 07:05 PM CDT
Look for me on M'Riss or Frodes up in Therengia. OCW (Order of the Crystal Wolf) may be what you are looking for.

Valynn

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: how do I start a new organization? 09/12/2005 03:36 AM CDT
got a pigeon Valynn?
Re: how do I start a new organization? 09/12/2005 07:12 PM CDT
I do at that, but you need to be on my list to contact me. Send yours along and I'll add you to my list and make contact.

V

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: how do I start a new organization? 09/12/2005 10:56 PM CDT
"wolfbain bw"