Re: black-balled subjects 09/24/2013 04:09 AM CDT

A re-post from the festivel / merchant folder.

I dont understand how the word 'clansman's is black-balled by alterers and yet things such as tiger clan jerseys are sold, as is river elf items, etc. For years i requested clan housing, clan events, and clan items, (please dont bring up the uniforms or kirm flags), but was always told it wouls never happen. Is this a pet peave of Simu? .. is there a viable reason for being so predjudice against the clans? Please explain your reasoning..
X
Re: black-balled subjects 09/24/2013 10:34 AM CDT
X,

Go look in the human forums under races. I think the lore has just not been developed yet is all. Rather than a complaint maybe we can turn it into something they can develop for us.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: black-balled subjects 09/24/2013 11:54 AM CDT
Having played this game for 15 years, and knowing this game has a random sample of global citizens, I can tell you that (like every social entity on the web) there is a small population of crazy racists here (some closeted, others not-so-much) who would LOVE to think they're being cute by abusing clan gear in the same way some people dress up in all thiefly or beggar gear.

Imagine an unofficial org whose membership includes this guy: "You see Clansman McClansman, a human. He has blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. He is wearing a white robe with a red and white cross embroidered on it, and a tall pointy dunce cap. He has a tattoo that says, "Keep Elanthia Elanthian!"

Funny? Not so much. But there is a minority - some of which would giggle thinking they were HI-larious, and others who would think of it as a real outlet for their real world proclivities.

I'd vote no. But I see your point. Sucks having clans and not being able to use the word in other ways. After all, the word "clan" IS in the word "clan".
Re: black-balled subjects 09/24/2013 11:56 AM CDT
Er clansman or whatever