Ehrm. 02/04/2010 09:19 AM CST
This is not really a complaint as much as a question.

ETA wise -- when can we unofficial orders expect to be made official? Sorry if this answer already exists somewhere, but I am curious...

-Meanne
Re: Ehrm. 02/04/2010 01:50 PM CST
>ETA wise -- when can we unofficial orders expect to be made official?

There is no guarantee that any unofficial Order will qualify for official status. Sanctioning requirements are being rewritten along with the Order system as a whole.

That being said, I do not have a time frame to quote yet. When I have a better idea, I will let you all know.

Thanks!
Lyneya
Re: Ehrm. 02/05/2010 08:22 AM CST
>ETA wise -- when can we unofficial orders expect to be made official? Sorry if this answer already exists somewhere, but I am curious...

ICly, Orders have to be sanctioned by the Government. It's probably safe to say that the Sanguine Eye will never be sanctioned in an official capacity by anyone.

"Ridicule may lawfully be employed where reason has no hope of success."
Re: Ehrm. 02/05/2010 01:10 PM CST
Oh well, sucks for us I guess.

And the Gooses? And the Raiders? And any organization that a provincial leader might be hesitant to sanction.

Um -- is this a facet being considered in the rewrite? If that's true it seems really limiting for roleplaying purposes. Just my (very biased) opinion of course.

-Meanne
Re: Ehrm. 02/05/2010 01:39 PM CST
>>Oh well, sucks for us I guess.

>>And the Gooses? And the Raiders?

Yeah, when some of us brought it up at one point it was pointed out that you needed a province to sanction you to become official. No Raider love.

Of course we probably wouldn't ever opt to become 'official' anyway, but you never know.

Squire Xalahai Zayasero, Player of
(player of that Denstimar guy, too)
"This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went 'Durp durp.'" - Armifer
Re: Ehrm. 02/05/2010 02:30 PM CST
<<Um -- is this a facet being considered in the rewrite? If that's true it seems really limiting for roleplaying purposes. Just my (very biased) opinion of course.

This raises a good question, what does it mean to be Official? Official to me denotes a backing from a group of authority such as a government. Thus I don't see how groups wanting to be outside the law would fit into such a scheme.

And honestly would groups such as the Gooses, Raiders, Sanguine Eye want to be associated with a government? I see how much trouble it can sometimes cause players in Therengia and Ilithi (don't get me wrong there's benefits too) and don't think they would want something like that IC-wise.

Honestly, unofficial have gotten as much ddone IG as official orders. They just can't call up a table of
food whenever they want.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer

I don't think we ever take the training wheels off as players or gamemasters.
-Inauri
Re: Ehrm. 02/05/2010 02:32 PM CST
Honestly, unofficial have gotten as much ddone IG as official orders. They just can't call up a table of
food whenever they want.
Nikpack

And now anyone can do this too, per Valynn's post. As long as your event is on the calendar, and you contact a mentor you too can have a table full of Live Mice and Absinthe at your next group or family function!

__
Pfanston is now officially acting as a Mentor.
(Ysselt is now officially acting as a Bard.)
Leucius says, "First time for everything."
Leucius nods to you.
You glare at Leucius.
Re: Ehrm. 02/05/2010 02:33 PM CST
I assume she means OOC official, not IC official.

IC official would be silly. OOC official (mechanics, GM support, etc) would be nice to see. However, I would expect to see a considerable investment of time and resources on the player end of things before OOC sanctioning is considered for any group. Hell, some of the Orders we have don't work very well.

Rev. Reene

"The time will come when the sun will shine only on free men who know no other master but their reason." - Nicolas de Condorcet
Re: Ehrm. 02/05/2010 02:51 PM CST
>>IC official would be silly. OOC official (mechanics, GM support, etc) would be nice to see. However, I would expect to see a considerable investment of time and resources on the player end of things before OOC sanctioning is considered for any group.

Yeah, if just some degree of OOC sanctioning is what's being meant, then that's certainly doable. It didn't take very long of doing our thing before we were offered our group armbands. Raider membership is very low right now pending group restructuring, so we don't expect anything. I'm positive, though, that if the GMs see a concerted effort by groups of players in an unofficial order, they are likely to provide whatever help and support they can.

We may not get tea platters for our evil tea parties, but we have gotten help with things like turning off justice for murders in Shard while we skirmished with the city militia for a training exercise, etc.

Squire Xalahai Zayasero, Player of
"This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went 'Durp durp.'" - Armifer
Re: Ehrm. 02/06/2010 06:41 PM CST
I am thinking as they develop official orders there may be a great many more perks introduced (specific Order headquarters, etc.) I don't really care about being official at the moment but I am concerned that if there is further development we may be left in the dust.

It's good to know about the table thing/food, I appreciate that.

I don't understand why an "Official Order" needs to be "Official" ICly I guess. Why don't they make "Official Orders" an OOC process, and ICly there will be more flexibility as far as the nature of orders.

I personally find this restriction limiting and feel like it can be done without.

Just my opinion of course :)

-Meanne