Free Knights 04/07/2003 06:15 PM CDT
Well first off Good luck with your Order and its progression.

Now, This unofficial Guild is pretty much a Knock-off of the already Present Paladins Guilds of Elanthia. Can anyone just come up with an unofficail guild and get it prepresented on the boards?

If thats the case i want to start the following guilds:

Magicians guild-pretty much like the Warmage guild same titles and basic ideas, anyone that can use any form of magic can join. one runestone to join

Fighters guild- see above, just pretty much the barbarian guild.

Shadow walkers guild- see above but like the thief guild.

i mean really, don't they have to have some sort of origional idea to start one of these? Seems a little rediculous to me.

Well good luck all the same.
Re: Free Knights 04/07/2003 07:25 PM CDT
There's a huge difference between an Order and a Guild.

Hate is too powerful an emotion to waste on someone you don't even like.
Re: Free Knights 04/07/2003 10:53 PM CDT
Well first off Good luck with your Order and its progression.

Now, This unofficial Guild is pretty much a Knock-off of the already Present Paladins Guilds of Elanthia. Can anyone just come up with an unofficail guild and get it prepresented on the boards?

If thats the case i want to start the following guilds:

Magicians guild-pretty much like the Warmage guild same titles and basic ideas, anyone that can use any form of magic can join. one runestone to join

Fighters guild- see above, just pretty much the barbarian guild.

Shadow walkers guild- see above but like the thief guild.

i mean really, don't they have to have some sort of origional idea to start one of these? Seems a little rediculous to me.

Well good luck all the same.

Well I'd like to say, My order is nothing like the Palians, The palians Sway to the light and dark, The Free knights only shine in the light and fight the dark, Also Palians are a form of knights, One that use magic to help aid them. True knights do not know Magic, Also they follow a very strict Code of honor, Unlike the palians. Now if your going to pick on something, Do some back ground on them first, Get to know them. Then pick on them.

* Captain of the Free Knights.
Re: Free Knights 04/07/2003 11:28 PM CDT
>Well I'd like to say, My order is nothing like the Palians, The palians Sway to the light and dark, The Free knights only shine in the light and fight the dark, Also Palians are a form of knights, One that use magic to help aid them. True knights do not know Magic, Also they follow a very strict Code of honor, Unlike the palians. Now if your going to pick on something, Do some back ground on them first, Get to know them. Then pick on them.

Please, the word is paladin, not palian. Thank you.

And while I am at it, please follow your own advice and do some real ground work concerning the Paladin Guild before you tout its particulars, be they shames or virtues. Thank you again.

~Coine (a Paladin)

"Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you - if you don't play, you can't win."
-- Robert Heinlein
Re: Free Knights 04/07/2003 11:32 PM CDT
I'v been a Roleplayer for a long time, And know the true Theam behind the Palians. They where truly intrudiced as Far as i know was in FF2 for the USA, FF4 for the japs.

Re: Free Knights 04/07/2003 11:48 PM CDT
>I'v been a Roleplayer for a long time, And know the true Theam behind the Palians. They where truly intrudiced as Far as i know was in FF2 for the USA, FF4 for the japs.

Well, obviously you are not even going to make an effort to spell the word correctly, much less actually do some research here in DR. This is NOT Final Fantasy Four, in case you hadn't noticed.

~Coine

"Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you - if you don't play, you can't win."
-- Robert Heinlein
Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 12:17 AM CDT
Ha, I have a Disabilty That makes it hard, So stop picking on my spelling. And DR has followed the Rules for all the other guilds, Why not that one? Answer me that.

Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 12:34 AM CDT
>Ha, I have a Disabilty That makes it hard, So stop picking on my spelling.

I didn't make an issue of it until I asked you nicely to spell it correctly and even said 'please', spelling it properly for you, and yet you continued to spell it incorrectly. I am sorry you have a disability, but I am sure you could have taken an extra few moments and read my post with the proper spelling and responded with it.

>And DR has followed the Rules for all the other guilds, Why not that one? Answer me that.

We have elves and halflings with furry feet also, does that make us Tolkein Realms? No. The simplest answer is "Because it is Dragonrealms and not Fantasy Four."

As I asked before, please do your research here, in this game, before you attest to the virtues or downfalls of any guild in this game. Thank you.

~Coine

-- Robert Heinlein
Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 12:39 AM CDT
I just used FF4 as an point on the post, I beleave DR follows the rules of D&D

Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 12:43 AM CDT
oh stop picking on the poor guy, its too easy.

Gam

Be careful Preston, your treading on my dreams.
-Equilibrium

Bow down before the one you serve, your going to get what you deserve.
- Nine Inch Nails "Head Like a Hole"
Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 01:09 AM CDT
>I just used FF4 as an point on the post, I beleave DR follows the rules of D&D

And this makes the third and final time I will make my polite request:

Please do your research here, in this game (not in FF4 or D&D or any other game) before you attest to the virtues or downfalls of any guild in this game. Thank you.

>oh stop picking on the poor guy, its too easy.

I really wasn't attempting to pick on him/her, actually this whole thing would not have caught my eye if the post I responded to hadn't had the word 'palian' in it over and over, which caused me to read it...and made me realize that this person has not done their homework.

Picking might come later in another folder if he/she continues to be rude, arrogant and lacking in focus.

~Coine

-- Robert Heinlein
Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 08:41 AM CDT
Well just to help ya understand here is a quote right from the Paladin guild speech:

"A Paladin must provide a shining example for all -- in spirit, action and attire. Share the knowledge you gain, for 'tis our duty to banish the Darkness with the Light of knowledge."

Though a few roleplay darker characters there are no dark paladins, we are fighers of the darkness.

Also you stated that your guild will not use magic, so why are you going to let mages or any other guild that use magic into your order? Goes against your whole reasoning. I don't know what type of "power" you think you have to control this. A magic primary guild is not just going to abandon thier primary skill set to join your order. To be honest with you if i saw one of your "Free Knights" using magic to fight stuff i'd be pretty pissed.

So what your talking about a group of Barbs and Thieves(they don't have magic right?).

And I'm not pickin on you because i tried to find out about an order 1) that is a blatent knock off of an already existing organization 2)has no real foundation 3) is somehow going to mystically ban people from using magic 4)i'm getting to bored to go on here

>>There's a huge difference between an Order and a Guild

I'm totally aware of this
Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 09:36 AM CDT
I never said anything about peoples disabilities. I can't spell i know i can't but i try like hell to get it right.

The fighter guild thing was just an example like the others i listed as other un-origional ideas that anyone can come up with. So sorry i don't have any info.

I thought this was kinda funny:

>>I only have 3 things to add:

1) you shouldn't make fun of peeples disbadilities. If you weren't then I'm sorry.

b) were you serious about the fighter guy guild? If so pleese send me more info

First the obvious, there are only two things you listed. Then if there was a 3rd would it be 3 or C?

Just me pokin alittle fun! don't you play the disability card too!
Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 03:14 PM CDT
<<I well do the fighter guy guild if anyone wants to join. We will where black and use magic and spells to kill the dirty peeple. I don't want a folder thgouh because typing is hard in this chest harness.<<

<<Ciek<<

As someone's whose best friend and room mate is a quadriplegic, and has to use a mouth stick to type, and still plays DR and posts and is polite and would never dream of using his disability as an excuse to make someone feel guilty about anything they say. I am not trying to "hurt" anyone just stating a fact. As for a chest harness, I also speak as a person who has worked in rehabilitative medicine for 20 years, I can tell you Speak and Type programs do work with DR and I have no idea how anyone with those restrictions could play a game like DR in a chair with a chest harness without such a program, especially if as you say here that typing is hard to do even on the boards. Dragonspeak Naturally can be had at most software stores and older versions work quite well and are relatively inexpensive. Hopefully it will make things easier for you.
Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 03:32 PM CDT
so we can make fun of disabled people because they are electronically compinsated?
Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 06:26 PM CDT
I think you guys are far too mean towards him. He has an order that is now cleared with a GM(s). He has his folder, why not just let him do whatever he likes. Does it bother you THAT much? I mean.... does a handful of players who want to call themselves Free Knight ruin your gaming experience? Just ignore his folder if you don't want to hear about it. Or if you think it's unfair for him to be able to an order similiar to a guild, you can always make one yourself.

Spring
Re: Free Knights 04/08/2003 10:03 PM CDT
<<so we can make fun of disabled people because they are electronically compinsated?

Huh? What kinda comment is that and exactly where did ya come up with it? Nevermind I don't think I want to know.
Re: Free Knights 04/09/2003 12:45 PM CDT
Greetings,

We're getting way off topic here and bordering on turning this into a conflict which doesn't belong in this folder.

We need to head back to the original topic of this thread.

As to organizations having folders, the Unofficial area is a starting point for groups that want to roleplay. There are some restrictions; such as, gangs wanting a folder, but in general, it is open to any group wanting to improve their roleplaying experience in DR.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Regards,
Mod-Lourda <watches as her favorite ogre snatches runaway posts with his butterfly net>

Questions or comments, contact Mod-Lourda@play.net
Re: Free Knights (last post) 04/09/2003 12:49 PM CDT
Just so you guys know, I created this order, Mainly becouse I was tired of geting no RP. Well over 1000 players on during peak hours and Yet no one, I mean no one uses the ACT. I use that command evey chance i get, Even when deap in battle I'l take a few hits to get a nice pose off.

Re: Free Knights 04/09/2003 02:12 PM CDT
>>As to organizations having folders, the Unofficial area is a starting point for groups that want to roleplay. There are some restrictions; such as, gangs wanting a folder, but in general, it is open to any group wanting to improve their roleplaying experience in DR.

Can we create a wax Solomon's bikini line group? Well it hasn't been metioned in a couple days, someone had to bring it up.

Brabs

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/FatherJarle/index.html

What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine, what's not bolted down is mine, if it can be pried up it isn't bolted down.
Re: Free Knights 04/09/2003 08:05 PM CDT
>>They where truly intrudiced as Far as i know was in FF2 for the USA, FF4 for the japs.

Ahh...you mind not calling the japanese, japs. Thanks much.

~jimi, driver of Ternith

Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of having failed to live.