Gorbesh 01/26/2008 08:37 AM CST
::Bastchian scans the room, meeting the eyes of all those near.::

My brethren, long has it been since I?ve last seen my homeland. By no mistake was it my will to come here, as it was most of ours, but not for the appeal of Kermoria. I came in hopes to find the body of my younger brother, so that Tieheq may not forget him in his halls.

The loss of my father and brother during the second war fueled a rage in me that would be felt by the Ocular. By these feats did Emperor Giesa grant me the choosing of my own assignment: to find Lybox?s body. I was alone through the Dark Pass, and downtrodden when months passed with no information of where he might have been laid.

I began to grow tired of the feeble natured `adventurers? of these parts, the majority of which only seeking to establish their own self-preservation. I figured it likely the surviving Kermorians beat him and burned his body, as only a boy of his age could be subject to their requital.

He proved more resilient, however.

I came upon him in the wilderness, seething with an infectious bloodlust; slaying a host of beasts and paying no heed to my presence.

Well?no heed until he charged that is.

He knew me to be his kin without my saying. Most of my questions for him were futile, as his memory of our father, the war, and his survival was sparse. He had not lost the resolve of our people, though.

It was my plan to return to Albaria, and bring my brother before our emperor. But the recall of our forces back home had soured him, and he convinced me there were capacities in these lands that I might yet find beneficial before my return.

I know many of you were born here, and have never even seen your homeland, let alone the true glory of the Gorbesh Empire.

I know many of you find warfare tasteless, and have set your roots to a more simple style of living.

Some of you claim Kaldar alone.

I beseech you: We are one people.

I am likely not alone in this view. Never has Gorbesh killed another Gorbesh in war, and even when `Kaldar? murdered their king was this law upheld. Religious persecution of followers of the 13 was minimal, but I will not deny it occurred. Mudslinging of rumors is the most any can claim otherwise. Most of which was likely instigated by a conquered people.

It is my hope to see unity amongst us; dispel rumors and lay fact to those with questions or cynicism. Some of you may know very little of the war and our people. Some of you may know of our background and could offer so much to our young.

I know the sentiment in these lands is that we Gorbesh are seen as oppressive and unjust. In this I ask that you consider the source. The truth is that protection to Kaldar and Gnome alike was given without a moment?s pause throughout our history.

Some of you recognize and honor your Gorbesh roots, but may have felt alone in this?alone and dejected by some of the more ignorant.

Some of you have been longing for something more. You feel the blood of Xin?Alaudus coursing through your veins. We are the decedents of God killers; Dragon Slayers. It was the Gorbesh that crippled the Seven-pointed Star, long before Lanivel; a warrior whose racial background is still questioned today.

Prophesied by some to be the dragon slayer reborn, the ambiguity of a conqueror taller and stouter than a human, but as wise as his adversaries seems all to clear to me?as I?m sure it is to some of you.

We have lost so much. I proudly progress through the ranks of the barbarian guild, and admire the temperament of Everild. But it is Tieheq who strengthens me and Merion who watches over me in battle. Many of us are forced to seek the favor of what to us is a lesser deity; deities whose grounds were unprotected and thus crushed by our forefathers and to whom the Kermorians have built pretentious, gaudy temples.

I encounter Kermorians wearing the insignia of the silver fist, some even claiming our heritage.

I?ve never known a people that could mistake a Gor?tog as a Kaldar or Gnome?

I feel as though the majority of Kermorians view us as tame dogs, as though they `let? us join them here. Some may be currently subdued, but this does not have to persist.

We seek to restore our level of involvement in Elanthian history. The Outriders were once many in this land?perhaps it shall again be so. If you claim the silver fist as one of the Gorbesh, or are supportive none the less, I urge you to hold counsel with those of us that do so as well. Our voice can be heard at whatever volume we can produce.

::Bastchian steps down and re-joins a group of large men clad in black and silver.::

A group of players seeking to enhance their RP experience by means of this awesome story in elanthian history are getting together. I know this war was the coolest DR event I ever got to experience first hand.

Gorbesh literature is few and far between but we are basing our ideals primarily on GM Cadaya's alabarian timeline, and the 10 Albarian Deities. Both can be found here:

http://home.grandecom.net/~geniusclown/DragonRealms/TinkerHome.htm

If you RP as Gorbesh and are interested in meeting some like minds, or are Kaldar/Gnome and simply seek to find out more, please contact me via AIM or email at HomSkilW53@aol.com

Player of Bastchian

Remember the good ol' days, when no one complained about the good ol' days?