The true face of The Blue Flame 12/22/2004 08:26 AM CST
The time has come for The Blue Flame to go completely public. Though I've never considered us an 'underground' organization, it can be said that we have [in the past] worked in mysterious ways.

This cannot be brief, however I will make every attempt at keeping it well structured.

1) The Blue Flame history:

The written history of house Li'i does not extend very far back. My earliest ancestor, known simply as "Li" was the man of a human paladin during the "Human-Elf" war. The paladin was sponsored into battle through the donations of a small town and sought to solidify his nobility by participating in no less than three skirmishes. On the second endeavor to gain influence, the paladin was slain. Li took up the lost noble's lance and horse and fought in his stead. The story has it that Li was undefeated on the battle field and returned to his poor family with tales of over 25 enemies fallen by his battle prowess. The noble sponsors in the town placed Li's head onto a pike in a horrifying display meant to show the other peasant what happens when a person gets "above thier station in life". It is said that as Li placed his head upon the blood-stained tree stump where he took his last breath, he said the following:

"Neither man nor god shall judge me. Of all men, I fought the hardest. My flame will forever burn the brightest."

Years passed and the Li family, without a patriarch, nearly vanished. It's ressurection came when a female descendent of Li married a jovial acrobat whose name has been stricken from the family books. The important matter is that the acrobat, agreed to combine his last name with his wife's last name. It is sometimes said that he spoke as such while regaling his new bride with his wedding vows:

"May the misfortune of our families end with the joining of house *'i and house Li."

The cleric pronounced them Mr. and Mrs. "Li'i" per the couple's wishes.

The misfortune however, did not end.

Family Li'i lives now, through the blood of it's last surviving male. A man who has taken the crest of the Blue Flame (explained later) and turned it into an organization that lives up to a variation of those fateful words spoken by a man about to be beheaded:

"We Fight The Hardest"

Formerly a Zoluren Infantry command, I have taken the Blue Flame and privatized it.

I currently employ over 30 people of all backgrounds for various purposes.

2) The Blue Flame Charter:

We are the Blue Flame. We are of all provinces and of no province. We are both guildless and members of every guild. We are your cobblers, we are your soldiers. We are the sons and daughters of Elanthia. We believe no man can be more important than another. We do not respect the right of a noble to spend the lives of peasants. We do not respect the words "birthright" or "noble". We have allegiance only to the common alliance of elanthian citizens. We fight for the protection of lives and for no other reason. We cannot be bought, we cannot be negotiated with. Our mantra is loyalty, our bond is trust, and our strength is courage. We Fight The Hardest.

3) Prime laws of the Blue Flame:

a) No person shall be discriminated against for any reason. To include, but not limited to: Race, creed, background, history, criminal record, social status, guild, citizenship, age, sex, sexuality, or skill.

b) Loyalty to one another is paramount.

c) Violence is not condoned, with the exception of the common enemy or in defense of a weaker citizen.

d) Intimidation tactics by those who would govern us will be dealt with harshly.

e) Those who would infiltrate us are welcome. We believe in the strength of our conviction and the allure of truth and zeal.

4) The by-laws of the Blue Flame:

a) Ignorance to political matters is inexcusable. Our primary goal is gathering the information that will allow us to best protect those weaker than ourselves and the oppressors of the comman man.

b) Any leader of any province, city, group, order, or cause who is not publicly elected and laws of said ruler/leader will be secondary to the laws of The Blue Flame. We do not respect brithright or nobility above the voice of the common people.

c) No member of the Blue Flame shall esteem or strive for political position local to any area, save one proffered by the general conscensus of the comman man, OR one of a diplomatic nature crucial to the neccessities of The Blue Flame.

d) The Blue Flame does not practice subterfuge. Our business or any questioning of that business shall be open and candid.

5) Insignia of The Blue Flame:

An amber stone in the shape of a snifter placed upon a flame-shaped sapphire

6) Organization of The Blue Flame:

Cayene Li'i
The High Council of The Blue Flame, consisting of 11 members

The six line officers of The Blue Flame
The Advisors to The Council of The Blue Flame
The Field Officers of The Blue Flame
The Neophytes of the line officers

7) Membership Availability:

All members must be sponsored and will become the responsibility of the sponsoring line officer until a concensus of at least three Council members can be reached to place the Neophyte in field officer status.

8) Organization Locale:

The Blue Flame operates in every province of Elanthia, many members choose to remain unknown. If it is ever directly asked if a person is a member of the Blue Flame, a truthful answer will be given. Otherwise, the wishes of those persons choosing to remain unknown will be kept. Typically, the Blue Flame conducts it's business in taverns throughout Elanthia. This is to facilitate the public having access to Blue Flame business.

9) Political Affiliations:

The Blue Flame is open to the idea of working with any other organization, to include government. Though, typically, those persons of a government rule or structure find the Blue Flame to be intimidating and 'uncontrollable', nothing could be further from the truth. We openly share information and abide by most laws and customs of any government.

10) Financial Status of The Blue Flame:

Unlike most other organizations, the Blue Flame usually pays it's members for services rendered. Payment varies based upon nature. This payment is not to be viewed as "mercenary activity" but as having the purpose of covering supplies. We do not expect our members to live in squallor while being forced to live up to our motto: "We Fight The Hardest"

11) Accomplishments of The Blue Flame:

There are too many to list, however the founding members of the Blue Flame have defended freedom during every major engagement since and including the Gorbesh War. We have stated our purposes in numerous Royal courts, and have been instrumental in saving the lives of thousands of people ranging from peasant to those claiming royal blood.

12) Current Activity:

The Blue Flame is now undergoing the transition from privatized organization to public organization, but the goal remains the same. We are confident that at any time we can provide a military force equal to or stronger to any similar organization or government. In order for this to be effective, we work constantly to gather information vital to our readiness and operational stability. Our current focus is in two theatres: Ilithi and Therengia, where we believe the next danger to the public will arise.

13) Conclusion:

We are not a militia, we are not a defense force. We are an organized group of self-sustaining individuals dedicated to the survival of the common man. We Fight The Hardest.

"And my 5 page script doesnt include origami yet. It does, however, do all my rp'ing while I'm afk so that when I get back I can just work on skills." ~Sanya
Re: The true face of The Blue Flame 12/23/2004 09:14 AM CST
Very nicely thought out ~T.

~Ternith Sjomah
___
Violence does not lead to more violence. The truth is that ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more death. However fully thought through, well executed violence never leads to more violence because afterwards, the other guys are all dead.