Elemental weapons 09/13/2016 04:56 PM CDT

I am thinking about getting reinforced infusion spell but I have a few questions first...

According to elanthipedia

"The ingot must be of a certain quality, and if it is below a certain volume, the quality will be lowered. The volume required to avoid this quality penalty scales with Summoning skill, ending at over 1500 ranks. Regardless of skill, there is always a small random chance of quality loss. The quality loss is very small."

I will need to purchase an Ingot (10 plat limit) so trying to determine what kind of ingot ( not sure what very rare is, found a list of common and rare) and the volume needed.
Re: Elemental weapons 09/13/2016 05:32 PM CDT

> I will need to purchase an Ingot (10 plat limit) so trying to determine what kind of ingot ( not sure what very rare is, found a list of common and rare) and the volume needed.

The type of metal you're looking for can't be purchased for 10 plat per volume. However, if you know the weaponsmithing techniques to make the weapon then reinforced infusions is still worthwhile. I'd also recommend looking at the density options for quick infusions.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Elemental_weapon
Re: Elemental weapons 09/13/2016 05:58 PM CDT

Well trying to get the tech for polearm, staves, 2he, large edge, small edged, heavy blunt and twohand blunt seems a little out of my reach, so was hoping to go the ingot route.... I don't understand why there are not any warmage guild techs in weaponsmithing (we are warmages, weapon wielders with bloody hands not parchment pushers with ink stained fingers), just in the fairy-tale called enchanting, which I doubt Ill even learn. Oh well
Re: Elemental weapons 09/13/2016 07:27 PM CDT
Bonus guild techs were assigned years ago and no longer reflect the direction of the system... but they're such a minor element that it's not likely worth the bother of changing them until the systems are more complete. Even investing only a hobby (and you have two of those), you'd have 4 techs with only 50 ranks. You would have all 9 techs slots you want at 150 skill. This is a very attainable mid-term goal -- especially if you're not terribly interested in crafting and don't want the quality-of-life techs. Why not give forging a try?

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: Elemental weapons 09/14/2016 02:01 PM CDT

True I forgot about career/hobby
Re: Elemental weapons 09/29/2016 03:39 AM CDT
the thing about using elemental weapons for training is sometimes you don't want them to be that good. I started out with all the elemental weapon spells asap. what I find now is that I want them as low quality and as light as possible. so at a more advanced point i'm considering moving my forging techs away from the elemental weapons to improve my training with them.

elemental weapon were my go-to for wyverns and whatnot until I got a t6 primary weapon. expansive, the air infusion and one or two of the ice/fire/elec infusions is what I would recommend if you just want it for training purposes

-Munch-