Training 4 armors in 3.0 02/19/2013 01:44 PM CST
I heard everyone saying that training four armors for an armor tert would not be viable. However, I find that I am easily able to lock all four armors at the same time, and not get hurt.

It doesn't seem like I'm severely underhunting since I can lock them in under an hour.

Is my perspective just off in that taking an hour to lock an armor is too long?

If you're curious, my armors are low 200s, and I'm in black leucros, not using any buffing magic.

Thanks
Re: Training 4 armors in 3.0 02/19/2013 02:52 PM CST

I've recently started carrying around 4 different helms, and swapping them out once one locks. By the time I lock the third non-primary armor, the first was almost drained. Been working out well so far.
Re: Training 4 armors in 3.0 02/19/2013 02:56 PM CST
As a armor tert, I have no problem keeping all 4 armors locked, but I cannot wear more than 2 types at a time without becoming too hindered. I just switch which armor I am training every 15 minutes or so.

Are you wearing all four types at once? If so do you mind sharing your armor setup and hindrance?
Re: Training 4 armors in 3.0 02/19/2013 03:46 PM CST

For the last 6 months or so of 2.0, I was doing lumium half plate, leather helm, chain gloves, brig greaves. Was lightly hindered with old YS. The same setup didn't work for me in 3.0 since I couldn't hit light hinderance anymore(was mod. hindered), so I swapped to damite full plate(heavy hinderance, but the protection/absorption more than makes up for it), and just swap helms (and gloves too once I go get some).
Re: Training 4 armors in 3.0 02/19/2013 04:37 PM CST
<<Are you wearing all four types at once? If so do you mind sharing your armor setup and hindrance?

It's all store bought armor.

sR>inv armor
All of your armor:

an ordinary warcat-pelt shield
some steel plate gauntlets crafted from tempered plates
a visored chain helm
some steel-studded bracers
some etched steel greaves
a metal breastplate
[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]

>app breast careful
The metal breastplate is brigandine armor.

The breastplate looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that a metal breastplate appears to impose moderate maneuvering hindrance and moderate stealth hindrance, offering:
moderate protection and high damage absorption for puncture attacks.
good protection and high damage absorption for slice attacks.
low protection and high damage absorption for impact attacks.
good protection and high damage absorption for fire attacks.
fair protection and high damage absorption for cold attacks.
poor protection and high damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a metal breastplate your maneuvering would be fairly hindered and your stealth would be somewhat hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently greatly hindered and your stealth is very hindered.

You are certain that the metal breastplate is of average construction, and is in good condition.

The metal breastplate is made with metal.
You estimate that the metal breastplate weighs around 305 stones.
You are certain that the metal breastplate is worth exactly 1250 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.