Returning WM 12/12/2012 02:35 PM CST
Hi,

So…I’ve been gone awhile, and apparently some things have changed, and are about to do so again in the upcoming 3.0. I’m just going to assume that means everything I thought I knew about Warrior Mages is obsolete.

Any suggestions on what to hunt, how to hunt and ancillary training would be greatly appreciated. Pertinent data follows:

Circle: 56
Strength : 30 Reflex : 30
Agility : 31 Charisma : 26
Discipline : 32 Wisdom : 30
Intelligence : 29 Stamina : 30

Magic:
Elemental Magic: 307 65% Harness Ability: 315 67%
Power Perceive: 287 71% Arcana: 282 08%
Targeted Magic: 226 17%

Weapons:

Parry Ability: 199 79% Multi Opponent: 173 36%
Medium Edged: 154 26% Heavy Edged: 195 68%
Twohanded Edged: 145 82% Medium Blunt: 114 61%
Short Bow: 66 31% Light Crossbow: 60 23%
Brawling: 55 83%

As you can see, I was never one for bows. If I needed to hit something at range, I used magic.

Armor:

Shield Usage: 136 66% Light Chain: 195 65%
Light Plate: 104 57% Heavy Plate: 120 62

Lore:

Scholarship: 173 27% Mechanical Lore: 189 91%
Appraisal: 229 69% Teaching: 144 62%

Survival:

Evasion: 200 07% Climbing: 134 51%
Perception: 180 97% Hiding: 140 20%
Disarm Traps: 52 28% First Aid: 98 79%
Foraging: 75 63% Skinning: 85 09%
Swimming: 92 29%

Spells:

In the chapter entitled "Aether Manipulation," you have notes on the Ethereal Shield [es], Aether Cloak [ac], Aether Lash [ala], and Aether Lance [ael] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Electricity Manipulation," you have notes on the Arc Light [al], Tingle, Lightning Bolt [lb], Chain Lightning [cl], and Gar Zeng [gz] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Fire Manipulation," you have notes on the Fire Shard [fs], Fire Ball [fb], and Dragon's Breath [db] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Water Manipulation," you have notes on the Frostbite [frb], Ice Patch [ip], and Frost Scythe [frs] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Earth Manipulation," you have notes on the Tremor and Sure Footing [suf] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Air Manipulation," you have notes on the Zephyr, Swirling Winds [sw], Vertigo [vert], and Y'ntrel Sechra [ys] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Analogous Patterns," you have notes on the Energy Bolt [bolt] and Ease Burden [ease] spells.

You know the following Aether cantrips: Aether Spheres, Aethereal Image, and Pattern Hues.
You know the following Electricity cantrips: Electric Charge and Will O' Wisp.
You know the following Fire cantrips: Burning Touch and Flashpoint.
You know the following Water cantrips: Water Globe and Crystallize Ice.
You know the following Earth cantrip: Stone Seat.
You know the following Air cantrip: Air Blast.

You are entitled to learn 1 more spell from your guild leader.

If you need more specific information to better assist, let me know. Also, I prefer the Islands, but whatever works.

Thanks in advance!

Peace.
Re: Returning WM 12/12/2012 03:04 PM CST
Train shield up to at level. It's much better than parry. And having 3 defenses is a very good thing. Ignoring bows is a personal call. I do when I'm playing a mage, I find bows obnoxious.

Check the 3.0 forums, the combat, magic, and WM folders would be good reading. Try logging into test and testing the new systems so you get a grasp of what's going to change.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Returning WM 12/12/2012 09:50 PM CST
Welcome back!

I have to second that training shields: I didn't for a while after I met the original minimum req for clerics, and I regretted it. You should be good for vipers and black leucroes, though.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Returning WM 12/12/2012 09:51 PM CST
Thanks, Krooner.

Read all I can find. Looks like my training style is obsolete come 3.0. I'll adapt.

I tried logging into the test instance, but can't bring my main up. Do you need an invite or am I just doing it wrong?

Peace
Re: Returning WM 12/12/2012 10:07 PM CST
>>I tried logging into the test instance, but can't bring my main up. Do you need an invite or am I just doing it wrong?

You may need to Assist; The GMs just took a fresh snapshot of active chars recently.

Good luck!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Returning WM 12/12/2012 10:28 PM CST
>I tried logging into the test instance, but can't bring my main up. Do you need an invite or am I just doing it wrong?

To expand on what ENOTS (and really, where have you been?) said, the GMs do a periodic snapshot of all live characters (not logged in, all the characters on active accounts). So you could theoretically wait till they do another of those, or as she said, I think you can assist, and get manually ported in.

I don't know if you are better served doing this by logging in to prime and assisting, but I suspect you will want to log in to test (create a character) and assist/report there.

Or a GM may chime in here and tell you/us what to do. You might want to post in the 3.0 folders about it, since I'm not at all clear.

Re: Returning WM 12/12/2012 11:34 PM CST
Sorted. It was due to not being active as of the last snap shot. A GM was able to copy the skills over to a new char, which is all I really need for my purposes.

And as to where I've been, in and about Anwar. All that needs saying. Last logged in four years ago I think. Left just as 2.0 was settling in and now back in time for 3.0.

Again, thanks for the help, Ryeka and Krooner.

Peace
Re: Returning WM 12/13/2012 07:10 AM CST
Sorry, my 'where have you been' was a tease at Ryeka. I wasn't prying into your life, as I,er, don't know you from digital-Adam/eve whichever is appropriate. Sorry for the confusion.

Re: Returning WM 12/13/2012 08:10 AM CST
Apologies not required. I'm the one who misunderstood to whom you were speaking. And, if you're the opriginal account holder, we've run together in the past. Though that was upwards of 10 years ago. Maybe longer.

I'll leave ya guessing for a bit.

Peace.
Re: Returning WM 12/13/2012 09:36 AM CST
Gods who would want this account. I'm all original, but I have a hard time remembering what color my underwear are, so.

Re: Returning WM 12/13/2012 01:23 PM CST
::LOL!:: I've been lurking- between doing homework, which I should be doing right now ;)