HT for the warmie 03/16/2010 07:27 PM CDT
Wow...this section be silent.

Perhaps a new topic to liven things up. I have seen HT suggested as a good secondary weapon skill and I am keen to try it out. Is this simply due to opinions on HT in general or is frost scythe a good reason to train this weapons set?

And I gather that hunting spears are a good entry level tosser or do folk recommend something else? I remember thinking forged javelins were purty kewl when I had just started playing.
Re: HT for the warmie 03/16/2010 07:29 PM CDT
HT is a very solid skill in general, and warrior mages can make HT on par with (or probably better than) the best available fest stuff on the fly. No reason not to train it really.

Tishra says, "We had a tie, get over it."

The hammer lands an overwhelming strike that knocks the larynx clear back to the vertebrae (So much for last words!).
* Tishra is slain before your eyes!
Re: HT for the warmie 03/16/2010 07:56 PM CDT
Yup, Train it,Zephyr can aid in training if you ever use something heavier,Remember to type Enc every few throws to reset your burden<bug>
Re: HT for the warmie 03/16/2010 08:16 PM CDT
I would use FoS for general purpose training for the non-lodging benefit. Some creatures are able to survive a lodging strike from even the 2HE variant. But, nothing beats the 2HE scythe for HT. Literally. Nothing even comes close to it stats-wise.

Avaya <--Not female.
(But supportive)
Gnome WM of TF
AIM: AvayaTF
Re: HT for the warmie 03/17/2010 08:38 AM CDT
Sure it's good and easy to train but it's been done too many times. I say go with slings if you want to be unique.
Re: HT for the warmie 03/17/2010 09:32 AM CDT
>Sure it's good and easy to train but it's been done too many times. I say go with slings if you want to be unique.

And you can load your stone fists!
Re: HT for the warmie 03/17/2010 03:07 PM CDT
>>Sure it's good and easy to train but it's been done too many times. I say go with slings if you want to be unique.

>And you can load your stone fists!

A fellow war mage started a script that I've been playing with that uses FoS to train LB, MB, HB, LT, HT and Slings. Works great for back training, but I'm not sure how long it would take a young Warmage to actually be able to cast all those spells.