S'kra indakar rattle 02/05/2010 12:51 AM CST
So I'm tired of getting stabbed in the face during invasions. Any tips on how to use the S'kra indakar rattle so that I can get a POE that lasts more than a ros?

I tried HARNESSing 30 and SHAKEing, but noticed no difference from a no-harness SHAKE. I tried HARNESSing 40 and all I got was a back fire. I know its lowercase sorcery and all, but I feel like I should be able to get something more out of it.

Thanks!
Re: S'kra indakar rattle 02/05/2010 12:53 AM CST
I think I get the best results by harnessing exactly 11.

More or less will make the duration suck. It's pretty buggy.

Rev. Reene

"The time will come when the sun will shine only on free men who know no other master but their reason." - Nicolas de Condorcet
Re: S'kra indakar rattle 02/05/2010 07:46 AM CST
Use an indakar wren charm instead.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company

The Public Stat Data Project
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkqoUyrmvlKNdGlpeHZacEdldi1Ob2h3M1I5TXpCZVE&hl=en

Re: S'kra indakar rattle 02/05/2010 09:14 AM CST
>>Use an indakar wren charm instead.

Ratha is far, any comments on the duration of a charm vs a rattle? 8 hours vs 5 minutes for instance?

Thanks for the advice, guys! My face will appreciate the drop in sneak attacks.
Re: S'kra indakar rattle 02/05/2010 09:31 AM CST
The rattle is a self-casting device. The charm is like a runestone. If you have the skills to pump mana into the spell you'll get more duration out of the charm.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company

The Public Stat Data Project
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkqoUyrmvlKNdGlpeHZacEdldi1Ob2h3M1I5TXpCZVE&hl=en

Re: S'kra indakar rattle 02/06/2010 05:39 AM CST
>>Ratha is far, any comments on the duration of a charm vs a rattle? 8 hours vs 5 minutes for instance?

The maximum duration you can get out of PFE is in the vicinity of 33 minutes.
Re: S'kra indakar rattle 02/08/2010 02:27 PM CST
A PFE scroll might be a simpler option if you aren't using any other spell scroll.