Any long term.. 08/05/2010 07:03 PM CDT
.. Warmie stealthers out there? Any regrets?
Re: Any long term.. 08/05/2010 07:09 PM CDT
Stealth is the best. You can't regret being unseen.
Re: Any long term.. 08/05/2010 07:50 PM CDT
>>Stealth is [king].

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Any long term.. 08/05/2010 09:53 PM CDT
>>Stealth is [king].

You will regret NOT training it.

- Erixx
Re: Any long term.. 08/06/2010 12:39 PM CDT
It's on par with my weapon...
ME: 105
Hiding: 108

Just wondering if I should drop the focus and go plate.
Re: Any long term.. 08/06/2010 12:51 PM CDT
Really, depends on what you want to do. Stealth is great, because it gives you an advantage as far as getting out of combat and really is the superior method in PvP, plus it gives you another skill or two to collect TDPs from (If you train stalking as well). The advantage of plate is simply that it provides really awesome protection. I wear plate and shrug off lots of hits that would otherwise have caused me damage. With YS, I currently go from fairly hindered to lightly hindered, which I'd say isn't bad for a warrior mage.

The downside is that hinderance will be increasing slightly for warrior mages in combat 3.0. Dart, however, has assured us that it will be only a 1-2% evasion reduction. Really, that isn't that bad overall, especially since all defenses will be consider equal in combat 3.0.

You could just train both. Remove the armor and train stealth when you feel comfortable with whatever critter you are training on.
Re: Any long term.. 08/06/2010 01:26 PM CDT
What really started making me consider heavier armor was fighting crocs and doing ok with 2 then the 3rd came in and I started taking vitality hits and stuns very fast. Perhaps heavier armor would allow me more time to deal with the extra critter.

Ultimately I like stealthing with my warmie.
Maybe I should get that buffer AP spell.
Re: Any long term.. 08/06/2010 01:30 PM CDT
>>What really started making me consider heavier armor was fighting crocs and doing ok with 2 then the 3rd came in and I started taking vitality hits and stuns very fast. Perhaps heavier armor would allow me more time to deal with the extra critter.

Ultimately I like stealthing with my warmie.
Maybe I should get that buffer AP spell.

Heavier armor might help reduce the damage a little, but that sounds more like your multi can't handle three crocs. If your MO increases that problem will disappear.

If you have earth sense, try using it. I'm not sure how significant the MO bonus is, but it may make a difference.
Re: Any long term.. 08/06/2010 01:37 PM CDT
Really just kill the 3rd croc. Or keep it at range while you finish off one of the first two. Drop stuns, blow their nerves out.

Stealth would also resolve your situation, however- provided your stealth can hide on your crocs at melee. You can just drop into hiding whenever the third begins advancing.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Any long term.. 08/06/2010 01:44 PM CDT
Stealth (with RM) or killing would of worked. I just got a bit cocky with the third and then it ended up handing me a beating and was suprised how fast it happened.
Re: Any long term.. 08/07/2010 10:44 PM CDT
>>What really started making me consider heavier armor was fighting crocs and doing ok with 2 then the 3rd came in and I started taking vitality hits and stuns very fast. Perhaps heavier armor would allow me more time to deal with the extra critter.

Earth sense only good use is for instances like this. Boost your Multi decently. When ever i had issues with too many critters, it would always bridged the gap for me.

On the armor note I train almost all armors and stealth. I wear LC mainly and just switch out the accessories with other armors. I would suggest every warmage train heavy plate and stealth as well. Both come in handy.

- Erixx
Re: Any long term.. 08/16/2010 06:16 AM CDT
PvE stealth is nice, but ultimately not necessary. PvP stealth is king.

You won't regret training it, but at the same time if you don't pvp you won't regret not training it either.

Re: Any long term.. 08/16/2010 01:34 PM CDT
Sure you will. It's easy enough to train so if you care about gaining as many ranks as possible passing on stealth would be dumb. There's absolutely no reason why you can't train plate and stealth. You wouldn't be the first to do it. It also comes in handy in invasions when you can stealth by things you'd rather not get into the fray with, although if you're a WM and you can hide on it odds are you can blow it up too. But there's dozens of other situations that don't involve PvP that having good stealth will come handy for you.
Re: Any long term.. 08/16/2010 02:49 PM CDT
>There's absolutely no reason why you can't train plate and stealth

YS no longer helps with stealth hinderance, so you're going to be pretty seriously hindered if you're not taking off your plate.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Any long term.. 08/16/2010 03:09 PM CDT
Heh, I can't even hide in my plate with no one in the room.

Khorgar ~ Clunka clunks when he walks.
Re: Any long term.. 08/16/2010 03:31 PM CDT
>>Heh, I can't even hide in my plate with no one in the room.

Did you include the itttttttyyyyyyy bbbbbiiiiitttttyyyyy insects to not seeing you? ::runs and hides::

Jim

~Dalkin~
Re: Any long term.. 08/16/2010 03:53 PM CDT
It's not very hard to change armors. Don't tell me you people only train one?
Re: Any long term.. 08/16/2010 04:49 PM CDT
>>It's not very hard to change armors. Don't tell me you people only train one?

Yes, most of us do. That was already part of the discussion.

Khorgar ~ Actually paying attention.
Re: Any long term.. 08/16/2010 09:12 PM CDT
like i said you can mix your armors just switch out the hand/head parts. wearing lc/hc/leather i train hiding just fine. When i want to train plate i just swap out the gloves and cowl for gauntlets and helm. If you really just want to train 1 armor its not hard to take it off lock hiding and stalking then put it back on.

Multi armors are easy ranks and TDP's and since we have YS i don't see a reason for not doing it.

- Erixx
Re: Any long term.. 08/17/2010 02:34 AM CDT
What is a recommended set up for a mixed heavy and light chain suit? I currently have only been training light chain and it does actually mind lock really fast. Would be nice to spread it out over the course of two armors.

I just hate backtraining.
Re: Any long term.. 08/17/2010 02:40 AM CDT
I like to use a heavy chain shirt with a LC balacava, LC gloves, and LC greaves. I change out the greaves with whatever I need to. It trains pretty evenly with HC being higher than LC for me, but within 5 ranks of each other. Plus greaves and helms usually aren't that heavy so you can carry sets of different greaves with you and trade them out when you mindlock LC.

Khorgar ~ training different armors
Re: Any long term.. 08/17/2010 02:48 AM CDT
If you have YS you shouldn't need to backtrain i started HP in gryphons with no ranks and did fine. Also wearing the different armors on your arms and head trains a little slower but in parry stance they move pretty quick

I use a LC shirt and HC greaves. Swap out the hand and head armor. Like Khorgar said those are light to carry.

- Erixx
Re: Any long term.. 08/17/2010 07:00 AM CDT
>>I like to use a heavy chain shirt with a LC balacava, LC gloves, and LC greaves. I change out the greaves with whatever I need to. It trains pretty evenly with HC being higher than LC for me, but within 5 ranks of each other. Plus greaves and helms usually aren't that heavy so you can carry sets of different greaves with you and trade them out when you mindlock LC.

Didn't you just say you only train one armor?
Re: Any long term.. 08/17/2010 01:10 PM CDT
>>Didn't you just say you only train one armor?

Simple answer for you. No.

Longer, answer, I related experience with my plate and now my experience with my chain armors. So, I could also relate experience about training HE weapons, but that certainly isn't the only weapon I train.

Khorgar ~ having to explain himself for some reason
Re: Any long term.. 08/17/2010 01:43 PM CDT
I say:

>>It's not very hard to change armors. Don't tell me you people only train one?

You answer is that you do train only one here:

>>Yes, most of us do. That was already part of the discussion.

Then just a few posts later you give advice on how to easily train multiple armors, despite just saying that you only train one.

>>I like to use a heavy chain shirt with a LC balacava, LC gloves, and LC greaves. I change out the greaves with whatever I need to. It trains pretty evenly with HC being higher than LC for me, but within 5 ranks of each other. Plus greaves and helms usually aren't that heavy so you can carry sets of different greaves with you and trade them out when you mindlock LC.

So if you're going to post like an idiot at least lose the smart ass remarks in your sig.
Re: Any long term.. 08/17/2010 01:48 PM CDT
>So if you're going to post like an idiot at least lose the smart ass remarks in your sig.

And to stay on topic, I train as much of anything as I can keep moving at once without a gross sacrifice in progression. Seems somewhat wasteful to do otherwise.

How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. -Bram Stoker's Dracula
Re: Any long term.. 08/17/2010 01:56 PM CDT
>>You answer is that you do train only one here

That reply was meant to refer that most of us train more than one armor.

I do see how you got the oppsite though. What I don't understand exactly why you're deciding to take this thread in this direction. And I like my signatures.

Khorgar ~ Still likes his signatures.