Fire and earth 05/01/2010 12:03 AM CDT
We have Storm Lord / Maiden, so why not something for earth and fire together? Molten Mage no no Lava Lord, bah, but you get the idea. Volcano ah I like that one Volcano (Insert Name here).

Requirements would be about the same but just reflect different books.
Re: Fire and earth 05/01/2010 12:25 AM CDT
or like Arcane Warrior Priest or Arcane Fist of the Heavens. You've already arcaned all of the thief titles, might as well go for some other guilds too

- Legendary Paladin Korsik Rippentropp, Vindicator of M'riss

Baum says to Lillietta, "Problem is that Korsik is a very big boy."
Lillietta says, "He is mentally unstable."
Re: Fire and earth 05/01/2010 12:35 AM CDT
Damn skippy, and I'm tired of all the plain arcane titles to, give us something better like just paladin or legendary paladin... oh oh give us paladine to.

Might as well own up to it if ye all are going to whine about it for ever.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Fire and earth 05/01/2010 03:41 AM CDT
Arcane Paladin and Arcane Blood Berserker should definitely be in the next WM title list.

I know all about Paladins, trust me. All they do is boss you around and tell you what to do.
"Don't walk on the grass, don't litter, don't rape the cycle of life with your unclean Power" blah blah blah.
-Tsukiko OOTS
Re: Fire and earth 05/01/2010 03:40 PM CDT
<<or like Arcane Warrior Priest or Arcane Fist of the Heavens. You've already arcaned all of the thief titles, might as well go for some other guilds too

I always find the complaining about this amusing. I don't recall the player base requesting all the Arcane X, Elemental X titles we have.
Re: Fire and earth 05/01/2010 04:11 PM CDT
>>I always find the complaining about this amusing. I don't recall the player base requesting all the Arcane X, Elemental X titles we have.

And yet, there they are.

Re: Fire and earth 05/01/2010 04:25 PM CDT
<<And yet, there they are.

Yes, warrior mages get everything. Too bad for you.
Re: Fire and earth 05/01/2010 04:46 PM CDT
No, Warrior mages don't get everything. They just get stupid titles. That's the point I was trying to make there.

Re: Fire and earth 05/01/2010 05:37 PM CDT
Hmmmmm wonder if I can get Earth,Wind&Fire Mage as a custom title
Re: Fire and earth 05/01/2010 07:03 PM CDT
<<Yes, warrior mages get everything. Too bad for you.

Trade you everything plus familiars for better titles. There are few I approve of. None of the arcane titles make the list.

I personally like the Wildflower title for rangers. If I can have that I'll give you every arcane title in our lists!

Wildflower Tieriana
Gnome Warmage
Re: Fire and earth 05/02/2010 03:34 AM CDT
<<They just get stupid titles. That's the point I was trying to make there.

Well then I agree, I don't really like most of the Arcane/Elemental X titles. Some make sense, for example:
Elemental Liability/Catastrophe. I like the spirit of those two titles but they still don't sound right.

There are also too many Wind/Earth/Air/Fire/etc X titles for my liking.
Re: Fire and earth 05/25/2010 03:51 AM CDT
>>You've already arcaned all of the thief titles, might as well go for some other guilds too

>>Damn skippy, and I'm tired of all the plain arcane titles to, give us something better

>>I don't recall the player base requesting all the Arcane X, Elemental X titles we have.

>>And yet, there they are.

>>No, Warrior mages don't get everything. They just get stupid titles.

You're absolutely right. I have no idea what I was thinking when I thought up those stupid, flavorless, derivative titles. I will set about attempting to remove them all as soon as possible (which may take a bit of time anyway). They've been the subject of ridicule far too long and I've had just about as much of it as I can take. Everyone makes poor decisions; this one has been a running joke for years and I don't see it stopping unless I bury it.

Unfortunately I have no time to add any new ones and removing the titles will take time away from other projects, but I've always believed in addition through subtraction anyway so it's all good, right?

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Re: Fire and earth 05/25/2010 06:14 AM CDT
Ahh good, Noble Paladine titles for all! Hurray!

I actually like the arcane titles, and never really understood why people beat them down so much. If there was a whole lot of holy, or bardic prefixed titles, no one would bat an eye... (probably at least)

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Fire and earth 05/25/2010 06:37 AM CDT
<<Unfortunately I have no time to add any new ones and removing the titles will take time away from other projects, but I've always believed in addition through subtraction anyway so it's all good, right?

Wythor, I'd rather you use your time for adding new stuff to the guild and fixing broken things.

Personally I do like a few of those titles and I always wondered what the requirements are for Arcane World Ender.

Either way, I'm glad that you are able to find some time to work on things for the guild.

Binu
Re: Fire and earth 05/25/2010 09:30 AM CDT
Arcane World Ender:
Need 1500 in Primary Magic
Need 1500 in Targeted Magic
Need 1000 in #1 Weapon
Need 99 in Strength
Need 99 in Agility

Going off memory there (I have it saved on my other computer, but that's not accessible right now), but that should be fairly accurate.

-Master Ndin, who also dreams of this title.
Re: Fire and earth 05/26/2010 02:50 AM CDT
Hey, I'm not trying to brown-nose or anything, I just can't stand people who criticize frivolously. It's a pet peeve of mine. It's immature and it makes the person doing the criticizing look like he/she is ten years old. I know because I work with ten year olds all the time.... and most of them aren't half as caustic as the people who post on these forums.

>>You're absolutely right. I have no idea what I was thinking when I thought up those stupid, flavorless, derivative titles.

No, they're not stupid, frivilous titles. They fit with the Warmage/Arcane theme and I think they're fine. I personally haven't used a lot of them, but that's because I choose generic titles to hide my guild affiliation.

>>I will set about attempting to remove them all as soon as possible (which may take a bit of time anyway). They've been the subject of ridicule far too long and I've had just about as much of it as I can take. Everyone makes poor decisions; this one has been a running joke for years and I don't see it stopping unless I bury it.

I wouldn't worry too much about other people's opinions on this matter, Wythor. If someone doesn't like a Title, then they should just choose one of the dozens of other Titles available to them. I honestly can't fathom why people are even bringing this up. It is a waste of everyone's time, especially Wythor's. I'd rather see Wythor focus his time on other, more pressing endeavors (like new WM spells, familiar updates, cantrips, and new titles).

Young people nowadays forget the old adage: "If you don't have something nice (edifying) to say, don't say anything." (And if you're not young, then you should know better than to criticize for criticism's sake.)

>>Unfortunately I have no time to add any new ones and removing the titles will take time away from other projects, but I've always believed in addition through subtraction anyway so it's all good, right?

Wythor, I appreciate all that you do and I personally think that the Warmage titles are fine the way they are. Please don't remove any of them. I don't see any reason to spend any more of your valuable time worrying about the naysayers out there who have nothing better to do than to criticize guild titles.

(Honestly, People, either go play DR or get off the computer, go outside, and go do something social with real people... interact with them... and enjoy some time outdoors, away from the gaming world. Don't sit on the computer all day posting on the forums just because you like the feeling it gives you of being noticed. You guys have more to offer the world than that. Trust me. Go out there try it. :-)
Re: Fire and earth 05/26/2010 11:48 AM CDT
FWIW, I don't mind having derivative titles.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company

The Public Stat Data Project
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkqoUyrmvlKNdGlpeHZacEdldi1Ob2h3M1I5TXpCZVE&hl=en

Re: Fire and earth 05/26/2010 12:10 PM CDT
I think some of them are OK but i don't really care either way.

This guy telling everyone else to get a life while writing on a subject apparently everyone even the GM is agreement on pisses me off though.
Re: Fire and earth 05/26/2010 12:23 PM CDT
>a subject apparently everyone even the GM is agreement on

I don't think Wythor necessarily agrees. I believe the point he was trying to convey is that he is fed up with everyone crapping on all of his titles to the point where he will remove them rather than hearing the complaints continue.

- Fuquois

Board Villainy is a lost art.
Re: Fire and earth 05/26/2010 12:25 PM CDT
>>If someone doesn't like a Title, then they should just choose one of the dozens of other Titles available to them.

90% of the complaints about the Arcane titles were from other guilds who have similar titles that require a lot more skill to obtain. I really don't care either way, just pointing out that most of the complaints didn't come from WMs.
Re: Fire and earth 05/26/2010 01:11 PM CDT
Sometimes, a joke transcends the original issue/criticism. IIRC the original complaint was about arcane sniper.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Fire and earth 05/26/2010 02:15 PM CDT
<<I will set about attempting to remove them all as soon as possible (which may take a bit of time anyway).

OMG yes please. Though i do admit that some of the high end titles (arcane world ender comes to mind) are actually pretty impressive and I wish some of the other guilds had titles with that hard requirements.

<<90% of the complaints about the Arcane titles were from other guilds who have similar titles that require a lot more skill to obtain

<<IIRC the original complaint was about arcane sniper.

This

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Fire and earth 05/26/2010 05:48 PM CDT
>>a subject apparently everyone even the GM is agreement on

>>I don't think Wythor necessarily agrees. I believe the point he was trying to convey is that he is fed up with everyone crapping on all of his titles to the point where he will remove them rather than hearing the complaints continue.

This.

Wythor seemed really frustrated and fed up with the constant criticism of his titles. I was simply coming to his defense, and expressing appreciation of his hard work, and also showing disappointment towards those who felt the need to bring Wythor to this point of frustration.

>>If someone doesn't like a Title, then they should just choose one of the dozens of other Titles available to them.

>>90% of the complaints about the Arcane titles were from other guilds who have similar titles that require a lot more skill to obtain. I really don't care either way, just pointing out that most of the complaints didn't come from WMs.

Thank you for clarifying this. You are right, many of the complaints seemed to come from non-warrior mage characters. I realize some non-WM's may not care for certain WM titles, but I'm not sure that the "Warrior Mage Guild Title Suggestions" forum is the appropriate place to file a complaint. My understanding is that it's here as a place for WM's to offer ideas for new guild titles, and not for non-WM's to complain about existing titles. Instead, it seems the best avenue would be to bring it up with your own Guild Advocate. If your own GM Guild Advocate is in agreement that another guild's title is an infringement on their own guild's title (or vice versa) then that particular Guild Advocate should bring up the matter with Wythor (or whomever) in private. If both agree that a change is needed, let it be so. If not, then they should announce their decision that a particular title has been reviewed and is deemed 'acceptable' and that the players should let it rest at that.

If a WM doesn't like a guild title, then he should be proactive and constructive by suggesting a new title that he would like to see instead.

Wythor, would having a policy like this in place take some of the burden of 'title criticism' off of your shoulders? Or are you at the point where you don't care anymore and you just want to stop hearing people complain?

FWiW, thanks for your hard work. I like that the WM Guild has a plethora of titles to choose from, and I look forward to whatever new titles come our way.

Re: Fire and earth *NUDGE* 05/26/2010 06:35 PM CDT
The purpose of this folder is for suggestions for new war mage titles. Please feel free to use it for that.

Further complaints or veiled complaints related to war mage titles need to go to the Equine Cemetery.

Keep it constructive and nice.

Wordan
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Wordan@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net
Re: Fire and earth 05/27/2010 08:46 PM CDT
"We have Storm Lord / Maiden, so why not something for earth and fire together? Molten Mage no no Lava Lord, bah, but you get the idea. Volcano ah I like that one Volcano"

I second this! I play a Dwarf who rocks the Fire Lion title, goto book is Fire while secondary is Earth!