Woe is me! 06/27/2007 11:19 PM CDT
So here I am, closing in on 100 ranks shield. So very excited, as I have been since the Arcane Soldier title was released. I began training shield rigorously from that point. Now I look on the title page, and it's been changed to Elemental Soldier. Noooooo! Why, oh why! Oh, the humanity.

Please change this back, you're breaking this poor Halfling's heart.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Woe is me! 06/28/2007 07:57 AM CDT
As far as I can remember, back to the original proposals, the title has always been Elemental Soldier. Where did you happen to see 'Arcane Soldier'?

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Re: Woe is me! 06/28/2007 08:01 AM CDT
Well, on Leothor in game for one. I'm guessing that it got amended when Solomon made that post about updating/fixing some titles. This was on the main page, announcements list - about 2 weeks ago I believe. Up until that point, I am -100-% sure that it was Arcane Soldier.

Next thing I know, I'll get the blunts and harness necessary for Mana Hammer and it's gonna be Mana Mallet. :(

Re: Woe is me! 06/28/2007 12:53 PM CDT
You sure you didn't confuse that with Arcane Warrior in the primarymagic category?

It was still Elemental Soldier when they were all revealed in Sept of 2006.

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Woe is me! 06/28/2007 01:00 PM CDT
Yes. I am 100% positive. But what are the reqs for that Arcane Warrior title, that sounds pretty nice too.

Re: Woe is me! 06/28/2007 01:23 PM CDT
There is no Arcane Soldier title anywhere in Prime.

It's possible a Plat player has it as a custom title, or a GM applied it as a temporary title to someone, but it is not present in Prime.

Elemental Soldier and Arcane Warrior are current titles.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Woe is me! 06/28/2007 01:26 PM CDT
Arcane Warrior is a neat title. It's in the Primary Magic category rather than the Warrior Mage category. I believe it is 200 PM and 200 in highest weapon, or something along those lines.
Re: Woe is me! 06/28/2007 01:36 PM CDT
Leothor, don't you read the boards? Tell em! I am NOT crazy. I've been looking forward to Arcane Soldier for months now. Ask anyone I talk to. That title's way too cool for me to come up with.

Re: Woe is me! 06/28/2007 03:16 PM CDT
<<That title's way too cool for me to come up with.

Really? Cause it sounds like all our other titles. If you look at posts 416-418 you'll see the big list of our titles when they were first announced. No arcane soldier. Sorry.

-Sephos
Re: Woe is me! 07/02/2007 02:00 PM CDT
>I've been looking forward to Arcane Soldier for months now. Ask anyone I talk to.

It's true... I've been getting a countdown on the skills he needs. I can't imagine he made up, not just the title, but also the requirements for a title. This now makes me wonder if the LTB custom title pins can be transfered.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"Dance, puppets, dance!" ~ Dominic Deegan