Re:The Idea of a title. 08/28/2006 09:36 PM CDT
Pretty sure there is a complete list of titles with requirements listed off the main dragonrealms web page. Might want to check there.

Rys
Re:The Idea of a title. 08/28/2006 09:38 PM CDT
The listing isn't so complete... but if you scroll back a few in this folder and look for a post with a DR- in front of it there are the 'new titles' and requirements.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re:The Idea of a title. 08/28/2006 10:22 PM CDT
I believe there are still some WM titles (from the second to last release) that haven't had their requirements disclosed.

-Sephos
Re:The Idea of a title. 08/29/2006 01:57 PM CDT
i actually think that the titles that where not posted on where from the first release. Trebber had commented on the fact and chakram had surely shot it down as having to keep some secrets.

My post was simple to show that the idea of a title is that the ability of a person Is Not secret. hence how they have and deserve the title.

If you did not know someone was king would you call them king? no you wouldn't. So if you do not know what skills justify having a title, then you would not know to call the person by said title.

Right now, the title system is set up in a way where you look at somsone and say "O thats a neat title." i've ask several people about some of them and they "I don't know what its requirement is"

Come on people with the titles don't even know why they have them? For such a huge rp system, there is no rp in it at all because we simple don't have the information to use it.

I want to see a someone walk through a room wearing their title and i want to see people whisper to each other and say "O sh**, that guy/gal can do that. thats insane i'm not gonna mess with him."

Or

"Look at the little mageling run, run mageling run"

the mageling will either run, or turn around and blast them cause he's in disguise.

But suddenly if you know the titles and know the abilities to an extent (like i say we don't need hard numbers but make it known what feats can be done) then you can start using them in a more political front, spark more rp, and give people goals they can see to shoot for. I want to be a guardian class mage.

Even once the career system starts (if it starts) You can see guardians getting better paying jobs, more dangerious jobs, more fun jobs. You can strieve to be a guardian so you can get said jobs. (I'd assume you would have to prove by title that you can get those jobs, cause anyone can say they have 400 weapon skills, but the title shows they have proved they have it.

As soon as your know the answer, you lose your reason to question. ~ Kane Vanderhoof
Re:The Idea of a title. 08/29/2006 02:17 PM CDT
I don't see how knowing a bunch of numbers is gonna help you RP.

If something like Arcane Executioner doesn't scare you into not messing with someone I dont know how numbers will either. I think the image that some of the words/titles put in your head are more scary and have more of a fun effect than. "(www.play.net/whatever/titles) Hmm 550 TM and 700 PM, I have 223 evasion and 132 shield. Thats insane i'm not gonna mess with him!"

I think the best reason to show them is because it's fun to work toward them. I keep working toward random titles, and I dont even wear them ha! Why? I HAVE NO IDEA.

I kind of enjoy the mystery of not knowing though.
Re:The Idea of a title. 08/30/2006 12:38 AM CDT
>A person gets a title by doing some action or actions that are reconginizable by the people around him. You see someone slay a dragon, you call them a dragon slayer. The story of that man slaying the dragon travels to distant lands and thats how people know he is the dragonslayer. Thats how he gets that title and keeps it.

See that guy over there? That's John and he builds houses, but does anyone call him John the house builder? No.

See that guy? That's Michael. He owns the largest dairy farm around these parts, but does anyone call him Michael
the cow milker? No.

See no one has a title for what they are known for, but spend one night with a donkey....

I enjoy mastication. I masticate three to four times a day. Sometimes I masticate alone while in front of my TV and sometimes I masticate with my family.
Re:The Idea of a title. 08/30/2006 07:03 AM CDT
See that guy over there Maulem? He's widely known as a farmer. Does he have a Farmer title? No.

::sighs::

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re:The Idea of a title. 08/30/2006 01:41 PM CDT
>See that guy over there? That's John and he builds houses, but does anyone call him John the house builder? No.

You mean John Carpenter? Yeah, swell guy. Fixed the leaky roof over the barn.

>See that guy? That's Michael. He owns the largest dairy farm around these parts, but does anyone call him Michael
the cow milker? No.

Michael Farmer. Hear his oldest one had a fling with a...well, never mind.

-Chris, what?

Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]
Re:The Idea of a title. 08/30/2006 01:50 PM CDT
While in this current day and age of RL most people are not known by titles, but back in the time of 1600 & prior (even possible up to 1700 or later, I dont recall for sure)
people were known by descriptive titles.

Where do you think we got last names of 'Baker, Weaver, Smith, Cooper'? John the baker who may have lived in Essex, Joseph the Cooper, Arthur the cloth weaver? Yes, names are made up but the idea is in mostly europe they used to use descriptive titles as there may have been three Josephs, one a cooper, one a baker and one a lout. Same with physical or locational 'titles'.. Eric the Red

I agree slightly with getting titles like that, I just cant think of how it may be implemented but it would be nice after all this time for the PAFO aspect of the 'known' titles IG to be released. Even if its like the OP suggested ( I think it was the OP,might have been another) & we dont get exact ranks but general ideas of whats needed.