The idea of a title. 08/28/2006 02:36 PM CDT
the title system is a roleplaying tool. Its not a way to give your self a cool little bonus to your name.

A person gets a title by doing some action or actions that are reconginizable by the people around him. You see someone slay a dragon, you call them a dragon slayer. The story of that man slaying the dragon travels to distant lands and thats how people know he is the dragonslayer. Thats how he gets that title and keeps it.

This idea of not knowing the title requirments is completely moronic. If you have no basis of ability, then why would anyone call that person by that title. You don't call a commoner a king, You call a king a king, and know he is by right. You do not call a man a dragon slayer, if you do not know he can kill a dragon.

I think that all titles need to have their requirements known, or having those titles mean nothing. A title with no reason behind it has no point or purpose, and would not occur without a false rumor ebing started (aka thiefs and bards)

But in the same respect. The requirements can be as vague as a story it self. "Well i heard he hide right in front of the guards and they never say him, he just vanished" o yeah i heard of him, The guard stalker right"

"Did he really rain fire from the sky?"

"Yeah He's a puromancer all right if he can do that, but i heard that he missed every single goblin there, he definitly isn't as good as those Arcane Guardians i heard about."

You don't have to give us the exact numbers for the requirements. But general basics. You arn't a pyromancer because you can cast fire rain, your a pyromancer because people know you can cast fire rain.

So even if you don't give us all the requirements by number. Tell us what feats a person would have to perform To aquire those titles. That gives you an idea what you need to do, and by proxy an idea of those requirements. If you don't know the skill require to do something, you still know the feat that was performed (or could be performed) hence why they deserve the title, hence how they got the title. That gives the titles the role playing effect rather then just an add on to your name.

As soon as your know the answer, you lose your reason to question. ~ Kane Vanderhoof