Prev_page Previous 1
Title Suggestions 06/15/2005 04:50 AM CDT
Most of these seem to be far better as pre-titles than post-titles and all one word ones. I notice most our guild titles aren't but hey can't hurt to suggest a few.

Titles I'd like to see

-Stoner
-Scorcher
-Pyro
-Cyclone
-Saturater
-Artesian
-Incandescent
-Aethereal
-Terrestrial
-Scintillating
-Volcanic
-Flamethrower
-Fiery

Titles that I really don't want to see

-Flamer
-Fireman
-Windbreaker
-Sprinkler

I'm stopping there before I start getting bad.

Beliel
Re: Title Suggestions 06/15/2005 06:42 AM CDT
Ship's Mage(If possible, <name of ship> Mage)
10th circle
Knowledge of Zephyr, and Air Blast cantrip
Own a ship or be part of a ship's crew

Ship's Wizard(If possible, <name of ship> Wizard)
Correct circle requirement for a wizard level title

Ship's Storm Weaver(If possible, <name of ship> Storm Weaver)
50th circle
Knowledge of RM,zep,tw,sw,frb,suf(Would surely need to remain sure footed to weave a storm)

Ship's Warrior Mage(If possible, <name of ship> Warrior Mage)
I assume circle 30 is still the requirement for plain Warrior Mage, if so it should be here as well.

Ship's Wind Conjurer(If possible, <name of ship> Wind Conjurer)
15th circle
Knowledge of three air spells, and air blast cantrip

Ship's Storm Tamer(If possible, <name of ship> Storm Tamer)
70th circle
Knowledge of RM,zep,tw,sw,frb,suf(Would surely need to remain sure footed to weave a storm),Lightning Storm(when released)

Sea Sentry
150 perception
Knowledge of Earth Sense,Zep,MoF

Ship's Sounder(If possible, <name of ship> Sounder)(A sounder would be a mage/bard that could see how deep the water was and/or see if there is any thing the hull might crack into)
Shared with Bards.
50 in one of the mucsical lores
50 perception
circle 25

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Title Suggestions 06/15/2005 07:26 AM CDT
I gave requirements to a friend's suggestions.

Arcane Warlord
Target Magic: 700
Primary Weapon: 600
Shield/Parry: 500
Elemental Wraith
Hiding: 200
Stalking: 200
Primary Magic: 400
Arcane Assassin
Hiding: 400
Stalking: 400
Target Magic: 600
Magesmith
Disarm: 200
Lockpick: 200

Trebber
Re: Title Suggestions 06/15/2005 07:48 AM CDT
No no... leave Magesmith for a Mage that Forges, not one that picks locks. Base it on Annalyze, somehow, maybe at least have the name of who pounded it.

Kind of stumped for other warrior mage forging titles, right now. But would like one for those of us that can grind as well.

Who is maybe one grind away from heavy slice broadswords... or twenty grinds.

Re: Title Suggestions 06/15/2005 08:26 PM CDT
Dude past the pipe, I'll make Stoner by midnight. I'll bet that's not what you had in mind. Or maybe ...

Yrall Dwarven War Mage
Re: Title Suggestions 06/16/2005 01:49 PM CDT
Here are a few titles for the "less combat inclined" side of our guild. No offense, of course.

Arcane Numbnutz-
Harness Ability: 400
Magical Devices: 350
Power Perception: 350
Targeted Magic: Under 150

Rump Mage-
Primary Mage: 300
Harness Ability: 300
Magical Devices: 250
Targeted Magic: Under 100
Power Perception: Under 150

Armchair Caster-
Primary Magic: 200
Harness Ability: 200
Evasion: Under 75

- Thoumas, who will not be taken seriously anymore.

New to Elanthia? Here's your first lesson--
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2004-11-05
Re: Title Suggestions 06/16/2005 07:03 PM CDT
Instead of insulting titles, how about using a "Sage"-type series? It might actually get used by those of us who work magic smeplace besides exclusively in combat.

PM 175, HA ~184, PP 192, MD ~125, TM 100, Eva ~90, MO 97

I still work MD while popping boxes after each hunting trip, while working on bringing up my defenses so I can move up the TM tree...

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/9xjyj
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/6tpls
Re: Title Suggestions 06/16/2005 07:07 PM CDT
<<Instead of insulting titles, how about using a "Sage"-type series? It might actually get used by those of us who work magic smeplace besides exclusively in combat.>>

If I'm not mistaken, Sage falls under astrology. Not sure if it'll be a title (or variations thereof) easily accessable to those who aren't knowledgeable of astrology. Who knows tho.

~Tykyra~
Re: Title Suggestions 06/16/2005 10:04 PM CDT
Well, you could have something in the way of Arcane Tutor and throw a teaching req in. That would be fairly neat.

~Aramil Galanodel

P.S. - Accepting money in exchange for illicit behavior is bad, mmkay?
Re: First Post - Guild Title Suggestions 06/17/2005 01:27 PM CDT
<<!!ENCHANTER!!>>

If we did get this one (and it may be a general title since other guilds can enchant or will probably enchant) it'd be a general title. All general titles should be posted in the appropriate place.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"
Re: Title Suggestions 06/17/2005 01:29 PM CDT
<<Ship titles>>

This would probably be more a general thing. I don't deal with those, just taking down ideas for WM specific titles.

-Chakram

Re: Title Suggestions 06/17/2005 06:32 PM CDT
How about some ice-based titles? A lot of water magic uses cold as well, and maybe a few titles based off of how many of those you knew would be good. They could even run in a different vein than the other elements.

Actually this could also go for defensive magic.
Re: Title Suggestions 06/17/2005 06:34 PM CDT
Doh, I see now that this was previously suggested. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread.

Anyway, my point on defensive spells still stands.
Re: Title Suggestions 06/17/2005 10:23 PM CDT
But they were *Warrior Mage* ship based titles... You sure you don't handle them?

Thats it! ::Releases the necro-rat.:: Doom I tell you, doom!

Oh you'd be afraid if you saw an undead rat, crossed with a bone mammoth that has wings.... that has an urge for flesh instead of cheese!
Re: Title Suggestions 06/23/2005 12:52 PM CDT
Still sad about the Master title going away, only title I wanted and it's gone. chuckles Ah well. Not dissing the release, the titles are great and there are tons of em. Just throw Master back in there somewhere.

Xavain
Re: Title Suggestions 06/23/2005 12:54 PM CDT
<<Just throw Master back in there somewhere.

Most likely it would end up getting thrown in as an estate title or some such.

Trebber
Re: Title Suggestions 06/23/2005 01:01 PM CDT
<Most likely it would end up getting thrown in as an estate title or some such>

Works for me, someone get on it. grins

Xavain
Re: Title Suggestions 06/23/2005 03:02 PM CDT
<<Works for me, someone get on it. grins>>

=p

-Chakram

Re: Title Suggestions 06/23/2005 04:20 PM CDT
>>Still sad about the Master title going away

I'm a bit curious about how the "Adept" title made it through in the Primary Magic category and not "Master". As far as I know, they both refer to levels of skill, and I didn't think "Adept" had any connotations suggesting magic any more than Master would have. Just seems a bit inconsistent.

-Gandoloth
Re: Title Suggestions 06/23/2005 10:12 PM CDT
I'm skipping over everyone elses suggestions, so sorry if I repeat anything. I'll let you guys surprise me if any of those others go in.

I'd really like to get some steal + magic based titles into the system. Here are some ideas I had. Ill let you tinker with the reqs, but they would involve hiding stalking and various magics I assume.

Shadow Mage
Shadow Caster
Arcane Assassin
Arcane Stalker

Those are the best 4 I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure some of you might be able to think of others.

For other non stealth ones maybe..

Frost Mage
Aether Knight

I dunno, i just some ideas.

I'd love the stealth ones though.

**If you seen Jhime give him a plat.
Re: Title Suggestions 06/24/2005 02:09 PM CDT
>Here are a few titles for the "less combat inclined" side of our guild. No offense, of course.
>- Thoumas, who will not be taken seriously anymore.

I like those.

~Arcane Numbnutz Arcath Darkspell, Armchair Caster of Elanthia, a S'Kra Mur
Re: Title Suggestions 06/24/2005 02:22 PM CDT
Stalking is evil those should be based purely on hiding and magic am I right?

-Strk
Re: Title Suggestions 06/24/2005 03:18 PM CDT
<<Stalking is evil those should be based purely on hiding and magic am I right?

Hiding, PM and TM...sure, works for me.

Also, how about some spells for WM's in disgrace? Paladins have heretic...we could use some since our guild likes to occasionally make an example of some naughty WM's. Rogue Mage, Fallen Mage, Disgraced Mage, etc.

I'm still pushing for more sorcery/blackfire related titles. Or even more spell specific titles, instead of like Thundermaker...which is cool, but, for instance, Fire Lion if you have all Fire spells and are level 75th. Stuff like that.

~The Blackfire Mage Magmus
Re: Title Suggestions 06/24/2005 03:45 PM CDT
Interested in a BlackFire scroll Magmus.... perhaps having the scroll memorized would allow future such titles available to them ;)
Re: Title Suggestions 06/24/2005 05:20 PM CDT
Oh yeah, and TM, if only for the reason that rangers wont be able to get the title easier than magic primes (ref. see Arcane Warrior)

-Strk
Re: Title Suggestions 06/25/2005 12:31 PM CDT
<<Interested in a BlackFire scroll Magmus.... perhaps having the scroll memorized would allow future such titles available to them ;)

You must not know me very well...I've had one learned since the spell came out, and have a 'few' tucked away. Trust me, having one memorized doesn't allow any titles thus far, but if it does -- I'll be the first to say something.

But, out of curiosity, how much do you want for it?

Re: Title Suggestions 06/25/2005 12:42 PM CDT
jes what I have heard them having been sold for... heard some of the last have gone for about 2,000 plats or so.... willing to negotiate of course though ;)
Re: Title Suggestions 06/25/2005 05:35 PM CDT
<<heard some of the last have gone for about 2,000 plats or so....

I always chuckle when I hear some idiot paid 2 k for a scroll that simply doesn't last. The most I would ever and have ever paid was 100...

And even that was a lot, I felt. The going price these days is far less than the thousand-or-bust move people pulled when Incinerate was new.

On second thought? If you manage to sell one for 2 k, tell me -- I'll sell mine, make a fortune, and buy a galleon.

Re: Title Suggestions 06/25/2005 05:48 PM CDT
shhhhhhhhhh dont start calling me prospective buyer 'idiots'..... they might get a complex

anyhooo up for bidding.... to think I almost sold it for 5 plats when I first found it and had no idea what it was :P

I already have several offers of 1000 to 1300... but am holding out to see if I can get what I had heard them recently going for ;)
Re: Title Suggestions 06/25/2005 06:09 PM CDT
Like you Magmus id not pay more then 100 plat and thats pushing it with a fest in the works. heh heh as for selling it for a Galleon arent they 20,000 plat? need 10 at 2k a piece for that and dont think even you have that many Incinerate scrolls saved up....nags...

Sha'ruul Cot't'man desert warrior
Re: Title Suggestions 06/25/2005 06:50 PM CDT
Its a start.... my bank account now is just under 10 plats...the most I've ever had...barring the time I hunted & saved like mad to get my spellbook&case

so... 1800 to 2000 plats would still be a good start towards a ship.... ;)
Re: Title Suggestions 06/25/2005 09:51 PM CDT
<<
Like you Magmus id not pay more then 100 plat and thats pushing it with a fest in the works. heh heh as for selling it for a Galleon arent they 20,000 plat? need 10 at 2k a piece for that and dont think even you have that many Incinerate scrolls saved up....nags...

Sha'ruul Cot't'man desert warrior
>>

My brother just wants to have some money to put in half when I decide to buy one so he can say he's coowner and bug me to let him be a captain ;)

Ells

P.S. I'm holding out until more docks open up with different types of ships then what there currently are.
Re: Title Suggestions 06/26/2005 12:41 AM CDT
><<Works for me, someone get on it. grins>>

=p

-Chakram<

Does this mean that once we get wolves and i can drop the wolf chant that I have to start up a Master chant? <ponders> Ok, I prolly wouldn't wait till we get wolves. That'll be another few years but still. <grins>

Xavain
Re: Title Suggestions 06/26/2005 12:41 AM CDT
><<Works for me, someone get on it. grins>>

=p

-Chakram<

Does this mean that once we get wolves and i can drop the wolf chant that I have to start up a Master chant? <ponders> Ok, I prolly wouldn't wait till we get wolves. That'll be another few years but still. <grins>

Xavain
Title Suggestions 10/26/2005 02:38 PM CDT
Some titles that will never be implemented:

Inferno
Hellcaller
Hellion (maybe more of a weapons title)
Harbinger
Magician (does this exist yet? seems like it should)
Parlor Magician

Is there a reason we can't have Sorceror and Sorceress as a title? Or is that necro only ;)

P.S.: Kudos, team title, for implementing Witch, Warlock, etc.
Re: Title Suggestions 10/26/2005 05:54 PM CDT
harbinger used to be a moonmage title. before that it was a custom title that i had for my paladin in plat. ;-)

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Title Suggestions 10/26/2005 08:24 PM CDT
I GUESS Harbinger could be construed as more moon magely. But I like Inferno, at any rate :D
Re: Title Suggestions 10/27/2005 03:36 AM CDT
>>But I like Inferno, at any rate :D

I like the title 'Toasty'.

Okay, I'll admit that 'Inferno' sounds pretty cool too.

- GM Wythor

The plain and simple truth is that the truth is rarely plain and never simple.
Re: Title Suggestions 10/27/2005 08:03 AM CDT
<3

Hothead.

Phoenix (as a really, really high title). This could be construed as either a bard or cleric title, but since we are masters of the fire element, I feel it would be applicable.

Ok, I admit that I'm more disposed towards the fire element.

For Water: Typhoon
For Air: Whirlwind
Lightning: Tempest is already there, and that's a damn good one.
Earth: <drawing a blank>
Aether <duh>

haha, this is hard.
Re: Title Suggestions 10/27/2005 09:38 AM CDT
I'd like to see <element> Swordsman. In fact, 2 tiers of them. And of course clubsman, pikeman, halberdier (Flame Halberdier sounds good), ect.

First tier: Fire, Electric, Water, Wind, Earth, Aether.
Requirements:
100 in an edged weapon, (Same req as Swordsman)
3 spells from the respective book
Second tier: Flame, Storm, Ice, Thunder, Stone, Arcane.
Requirements:
200 in an edged weapon (Same req as the highest edged titles)
4 spells from the respective book

Steel.

OMG! YOU HAVE <insert ability here> YOU ARE OVERPOWERED! DIE, GUILD, DIE!
Prev_page Previous 1