Debil locks, TM... well 05/20/2015 05:43 AM CDT
So I'm doing dire bears at the moment.
I have 161 debil, and 157 TM.
Weapon skills are in the 140s and locking nicely, as are defensives. Debil locks easy using MOA, but...

I tried using fire shards and fire ball, but even after locking 5 weapons, my TM still sticks around attentive or so. (10/34)
Anyone have any tips? Is it just time for me to move on to harder critters? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I wait for full targetting, and use fs unless there is more than one bear on me, in which case I use fb.
Re: Debil locks, TM... well 05/20/2015 07:14 AM CDT
Hmm.

If you can get to (10/34) you should be able to get to (34/34) evntually. Can you lock TM if you focus on just that without working your weapons? Are you using the most mana you can put into the spells? Those would be the other variables you could change.

Mazrian
Re: Debil locks, TM... well 05/20/2015 08:16 AM CDT
You're closing in on the cap for Dire Bears. As magic prime you're going to have more trouble locking TM than you will weapons when you start to reach the upper limits of a creature.
Re: Debil locks, TM... well 05/23/2015 12:33 PM CDT
Appraise one carefully and see what it says. Specifically, the last 2 lines.

If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.

As long as it doesn't say quite badly, or possibly even somewhat poorly, you should be okay. I'm not sure but I think there's also a very poorly in between those other two that I mentioned. I'll have to pay more attention.
Re: Debil locks, TM... well 05/23/2015 02:38 PM CDT
Ok, I double checked. There is a very poorly too. From elanthipedia and my own testing, the order seems to be this:

1. exceptionally well, but you probably won't be landing many blows.
2. very well
3. rather well
4. acceptably
5. somewhat poorly
6. very poorly
7. quite badly
Re: Debil locks, TM... well 06/15/2015 10:04 AM CDT
hatchlings should be feasable for awhile, fireball is a really good tm trainer. once you get done with hatchlings if you dont mind the being alone mostly oshu in aesry is like elanthia's best kept secret. First tier will teach you tm past 250. you only need around 170's defenses or so to go there and about 150ish to 160 in weapons.