New WM - TM Training Questions 03/28/2012 12:18 PM CDT
Hello everyone, I'm a rather new WM (24th circle) and have been finding it difficult to get my TM moving in any fashion other than being taught, which is how I've obtained most of my ranks to date. Right now I have a bit less than 100 ranks and am currently fighting blood wolves as my staple critter. I'd love to be able to move it while hunting so I didn't need to hunt for classes/travel back from Theren when I want to work it. Could an elder WM perhaps give some tips/advice?

You recall the spells you have learned from your training.
In the chapter entitled "Aether Manipulation," you have notes on the Ethereal Shield [es] and Aether Lance [ael] spells.
In the chapter entitled "Electricity Manipulation," you have notes on the Arc Light [al], Tingle, and Gar Zeng [gz] spells.
In the chapter entitled "Fire Manipulation," you have notes on the Fire Shard [fs] spell.
In the chapter entitled "Water Manipulation," you have notes on the Frostbite [frb] spell.
In the chapter entitled "Earth Manipulation," you have notes on the Sure Footing [suf] spell.
In the chapter entitled "Air Manipulation," you have notes on the Zephyr, Swirling Winds [sw], and Y'ntrel Sechra [ys] spells.
In the chapter entitled "Analogous Patterns," you have notes on the Energy Bolt [bolt] and Ease Burden [ease] spells.
You know the following Electricity cantrip: Electric Charge.
You are entitled to learn 1 more spell from your guild leader.

Much appreciated,

-SD
Re: New WM - TM Training Questions 03/28/2012 12:28 PM CDT
I know you said you didn't want to travel, but sometimes you have to move briefly, then return to the area with the other acquired skills.

with 100 in TM in bloodwolves, you're closing in on the cap to how much they teach. depending on the rest of your defenses, you ought to be able to hit snowbeasts. Gar zeng I found to be an excellent teacher of TM. Don't forget to train up your defenses.

"we're doing it for the good of mankind," said the philosophers of murder, waiting for the rest of the world to congratulate them"-Elie Wiesel <the gates of the forest>
Re: New WM - TM Training Questions 03/28/2012 01:11 PM CDT
Best bet for TM for a long time will be to spam cast GZ. That said, as gonif said, you're at or near the soft cap for blood wolves, so you'll probably have to pause the circling and TM for a little and let the weapons and defenses catch up before moving on.

In the mean time, you can still be taught TM?

But really, prep GZ at min, target for a second, cast. Repeat in good mana room till critters all dead.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: New WM - TM Training Questions 03/28/2012 01:24 PM CDT
Assuming you're using Stormfront to play DR, my first recommendation is to create some macro keys, I use F1-F4 for TM training:

F1 = /xprep %spell/r tar %foe %part/r
F2 = /xcast/r
F3 = /xface next/r
F4 = /xretreat/r

The %spell and %part variables in the F1 macro are set using a simple script (set.cmd) which is only two lines:

setvariable %1 %2
exit

Now you can change your F1 macro on the fly, if you want to use GZ at 5 mana, and no specific body part targeted, type:

.set spell gz.5
.set foe .
.set part .

If you are in pvp against Tom and want to use AEL at 8 mana, targeting his chest, type:

.set spell ael.8
.set foe Tom
.set part chest

Then just spam F1 and F2, machine gunning your TM spells is the fastest way to move TM at lower circles. As long as you are getting hits, you should learn.

Hope this helps and if you aren't familiar with scripts and macros, I believe the help documentation with Stormfront shows you the basics.
Re: New WM - TM Training Questions 03/28/2012 02:59 PM CDT
Actually, instead of bothering with a macro setup like that, just make a script:
loop:
put face next
put prep %1 %2
wait 4
put cast
pause
goto loop

where %1 is the spell, %2 is how much mana. But, yeah, TM has a tendency to run ahead of combats. I've basically resigned my Warmie to only inching TM along while I backtrain all combats. Better to be balanced than a glass cannon (like my moonie)