Chain Lightning - that necessary? 12/14/2010 04:17 PM CST
I am playing a new warmie and seek some advice. I have heard that Aether Lance is one of our most devestating attack spells and then that Chain Lightning teaches really well.

I just hit 40th and am not sure I want to get chain lightning yet or some other fun spell like BF. Is chain lightning that important to train targeted magic?

In the chapter entitled "Aether Manipulation," you have notes on the Ethereal Shield [es], Aether Lash [ala], and Aether Lance [ael] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Electricity Manipulation," you have notes on the Arc Light [al], Tingle, Lightning Bolt [lb], and Gar Zeng [gz] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Water Manipulation," you have notes on the Frostbite [frb], Ice Patch [ip], Veil of Ice [voi], Frost Scythe [frs], and Rimefang spells.

In the chapter entitled "Air Manipulation," you have notes on the Zephyr, Paeldryth's Wrath [pw], Swirling Winds [sw], and Y'ntrel Sechra [ys] spells.
Re: Chain Lightning - that necessary? 12/14/2010 04:30 PM CST
Air Bubble. It's an awesome spell that everyone should get.

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Chain Lightning - that necessary? 12/14/2010 04:43 PM CST
>>Air Bubble. It's an awesome spell that everyone should get.

Doesn't Gauthus cast one inside the skull of every joining warrior mage to prevent it from collapsing all the way?
Re: Chain Lightning - that necessary? 12/14/2010 04:57 PM CST
At your levels, GZ should still be teaching you fine.

Chain Lightning is absurd for training, but only when you have the magic skill to fling it around like confetti. 40th may be low depending on how you've trained.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Chain Lightning - that necessary? 12/15/2010 09:20 AM CST
Wait on CL, get SUF
Re: Chain Lightning - that necessary? 12/15/2010 09:39 AM CST
>>I just hit 40th and am not sure I want to get chain lightning yet or some other fun spell like BF.

BF?
Re: Chain Lightning - that necessary? 12/15/2010 11:11 AM CST
Bitter Feast?

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Chain Lightning - that necessary? 12/15/2010 05:16 PM CST
I think I was meaning the Blufmor Garaen spell, for some strange reason I abbreviated it as BF instead of BG. Realized it is still on preview though heh.

Can I also get some advice on what our primary stats are? Especially if I want my combats to be very effective and use my magic to augment my combat abilities.
Re: Chain Lightning - that necessary? 12/18/2010 11:11 AM CST
Chain lightning only becomes "necessary" much later on, you technically don't have to pick it up ever and you'll be fine. It just helps a lot when your getting around 60th circle and the target learning slows a lot.

Or so thats how its been explained to me, anyways. Not gonna lie I've been out of the loop on things warrior mage for a long time.

As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton