I hate snap cast 05/01/2010 07:01 AM CDT
What better way is there to effectively work your magics in other normal melee? Snap-casting, or melee, or ranged is annoying. Also what syntax do you need for elemental barrage to work?
Re: I hate snap cast 05/01/2010 12:29 PM CDT
>What better way is there to effectively work your magics in other normal melee? Snap-casting, or melee, or ranged is annoying.

I really don't know what you're asking here.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: I hate snap cast 05/01/2010 01:51 PM CDT
There is no syntax there is only being patient. All one needs to do to make Barrage work is use a TM spell that is designed to work with it, and wait to be fully targeted. Most of our TM spells work with it.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: I hate snap cast 05/01/2010 01:53 PM CDT
>There is no syntax there is only being patient. All one needs to do to make Barrage work is use a TM spell that is designed to work with it, and wait to be fully targeted. Most of our TM spells work with it.

Well, there is the syntax Barrage to initiate the attack.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: I hate snap cast 05/01/2010 02:11 PM CDT
yes,after the a target spell is fully targeted simply type Barrage,its not like the others,where you pathway focus blah blah first
Re: I hate snap cast 05/01/2010 02:35 PM CDT
Babble... oops here I was thinking, he meant besides the command barrage. Haha.

BARRAGE help:
To use Barrage, you must have a proper Targeted Magic Spell prepared and fully targeted. That target will be the target for the melee attack. Since the spell's target will be the melee target as well you can't choose a different target for the melee attack, but you CAN specify what type of melee attack you wish to use.

BARRAGE syntax:
BARRAGE {maneuver}
Current valid options are: thrust, lunge, slice, chop, sweep, jab, draw, pummel, swing, bash, feint, and attack.
BARRAGE alone will default to attack.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: I hate snap cast 05/03/2010 09:57 PM CDT
>>What better way is there to effectively work your magics in other normal melee? Snap-casting, or melee, or ranged is annoying.

>I really don't know what you're asking here.

I'm not 100% sure either, but maybe this will help:

More mana on higher-tiered spells will train your PM and Harness better. Casting closer to prep trains PM more, and casting closer to pattern completion trains Harness more. Mana efficiency-wise, it's generally best to prep and harness several times or use cambrinth rather than just do large preps, but you'll have to tinker with specifics based on the room you're in and what you're able to do in order to keep casting.

If you're asking about TM, more damage with at-level (or higher) creatures = more learning.

If you post your ranks and what you're having trouble training, folks could probably provide more specific advice, but hopefully the above is a helpful start.

Cheers,

~player of Gulphphunger