Advancement awith spells 04/20/2008 03:08 PM CDT
So GZ is currently still teaching me really well, I can lock myself on arbelogs reasonably quickly. But it's sort of dull. I'll be getting aether lash pretty soon, and hope to eventually get away from snap casting a minor spell to train targetting... Is this a pipedream, will I be shooting sparks til I'm gray in the beard?
Re: Advancement awith spells 04/20/2008 03:50 PM CDT
Eventually you'll move to bigger sparks.
Re: Advancement awith spells 04/21/2008 12:17 AM CDT
>Eventually you'll move to bigger sparks.

LOL. What he means speacifically is you will use CL to learn TM for a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG ... did I say LONG time?

GZ will take you all the way to CL. I personally used Aether Lance and just snap casted it

"Prep AEL"
"Cast goblin chest"

Repeat. I did not use GZ much until I hit around 150ish of TM at which point I started using GZ until I got CL. Been CL for me ever since. There are 3rd and 4th tier TM spells that teach fairly well... however for sheer learning value more hits = more TM exp. Dmg also helps but when you can get up to 6 bolts out of a 15 mana cast CL you learn a LOT of TM if you hit with all those.

Same goes for GZ. Just keep stuffing more mana into it as you get more Pm and Tm ranks.
Re: Advancement awith spells 04/21/2008 05:44 PM CDT
Suprisingly I've found ball lightning teaches rather well these days. But no, it doesn't quite beat the learning CL provides.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!