Target multiple critters 06/04/2006 03:32 PM CDT
was thinking does not happen much but still

if warmies are supposed to have TM as a guild thing as in its what we are known for then why can we not do special things with it that other guilds cannot.

i thought it would be a good idea if a warmie could on certain spells or at a cetain skill level begin to target a spell at more than one target and maybe the spell split at half its power or somthing...

what do people think?
Re: Target multiple critters 06/04/2006 07:56 PM CDT
>why can we not do special things with it that other guilds cannot[?]

We are able to manipulate the Aetherial Pathways to affect our TM spells in various ways.

-Fuquois-

"I've been too rich in my words and too cheap in my wine."
-Wildebeeste
Re: Target multiple critters 06/04/2006 07:58 PM CDT
>i thought it would be a good idea if a warmie could on certain spells or at a cetain skill level begin to target a spell at more than one target and maybe the spell split at half its power or somthing

As far as this part goes, I'm down. New verb: SPLIT

Usage: SPLIT <first target> <second target>
Acts as TARGET does, but allows for multiple targets.

-Fuquois-

-Wildebeeste
Re: Target multiple critters 06/04/2006 09:00 PM CDT
Maybe when mark of arhat comes out it can be used to target multiple critters in a way. The spell is suppose to be a held mana spell, so maybe as long as you hold mana for the spell, you can continue to target and cast on more than one creature, so each pulse of the spell would effect every critter that has been marked with the spell.

The more critters you have marked, the faster you use up your harnessed mana. If this is possible, it would make for a very unique twist to the spell.
Wabo
Re: Target multiple critters 06/04/2006 10:17 PM CDT
In lieu of being able to use it on all of our spells, I like your twist very much, Wabo.

-Fuquois-

-Wildebeeste
Re: Target multiple critters 06/04/2006 11:33 PM CDT
Another version of multiple targetting would be being able to keep a targetting matrix on multiple in-the-room targets. Using 'cast' defaults to the last one that you targetted, and if you cast at one with a full matrix alread on it, you get the benefit of a fully targetted cast.

-Durnil
Re: Target multiple critters 06/04/2006 11:52 PM CDT
How about a target all verb. (pathway?) this would put a targeting matrix on every critter currently in the room. Then you simple prepare spells and cast them as they become fully prepared. (have to wait till full prep)

the spell would default to the targets in increasing order. assuming your facing the first critter to come in so it is attacking the last critter to come in (the one at your back most cases)

its not quite as efficent as splitting your targeted spell two ways, but your also not sacraficing mana (assuming you can not cast past cap of a spell and splitting it would take half the mana to each split) So your still getting full power.

There may be a slight decrease in your accuracy on critters behind you, depending on your ability to fight multiply opponents.

the targeted patterns will be hold as long as there is critters from the original target all verb (automatically targeting new arrivals?) or as long as your mentle reserve holds up. this would be a fairly taxing on that reserve, easier to maintain depending on multi opponent again because it eases your concentration level.

thoughts and comments here.

"Come for me now world, whilst I am weak. I shall prevail. Come at me world before I am strong, then witness my strength." ~Ecodom
Re: Target multiple critters 06/05/2006 12:07 AM CDT
I like the idea of a pathway that automatically targets anything that engages you. I think spells would default to whatever you're facing unless you specify which one.

I think that this pathway would be a pretty high-level one, probably mid-60s or 70s. While I realize that that doesn't seem to be very high to a lot of folks, that range of circle is when, in my mind, a mage really starts coming into his own.

-Durnil
Re: Target multiple critters 06/05/2006 01:02 PM CDT
You can cast one held-mana spell, and use the held mana to cast another held-mana spell without losing the first spell. Some of the gravy on MoA will be the fact that you can cast it at multiple targets without having to harness additional mana for effect.

Orpheus: "You've been powering this machine with a forsaken child?"
Venture: "What? It's not like I used the whole thing."
Re: Target multiple critters 06/05/2006 02:00 PM CDT
>auto-targetting pathway

Super idea. I love it.

-Fuquois-

-Wildebeeste