Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 03:48 PM CDT
with targeted magic?

I can lock weapons at hte same exact ranks, I can lock armor at the same exact ranks

Medium Edged: 69 85% mind lock

Parry Ability: 69 89% mind lock

Light Chain: 56 85% mind lock

Primary Magic: 102 95% thoughtful

Harness Ability: 88 92% thoughtful

Power Perceive: 79 02% concentrating

Magical Devices: 54 42% learning

Targeted Magic: 72 77% learning

I have tried GZ, FS, AEL all at minimum prep and 5 mana over minimum prep. I've tried Rock Trolls, I've tried Beisswurms, I've tried Immature Firecats. And it won't move. At all. Everything else, hey, no troubles. Targeted magic. No go. If someone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, I'll be retiring my Warmie as of later this week.

~Mckirk~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 04:01 PM CDT
I did blood wolves to great effect at that rank. Took me up to ~90 to go to vines.
Re: Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 04:37 PM CDT
yeah, I keep gettin told that on AIM so I'm headin that way to check it out.

thanks!

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 04:43 PM CDT
How fast are you killing them? Because if they're not coming quickly, the fact that you might be on a post-wall rank means that your mind could be draining very quickly, and so if you've got a large pool and are filling it slowly, you'll see a very, very slow increase in learning state.

Also, your armor is about 16 less than your TM and is a tert skill, so it will lock faster in the same place no matter where you go

-Durnil
Re: Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 05:07 PM CDT
In my experience, beisswurms are lousy for training TM.

What I would recommend would be bone wolves down in Leth.

You didn't post your MO, so I can't coment on that.

My pet hobby horse: Work your Power Perception. You should be just starting to see adjacent mana, and in about 20 ranks you will actually start to see an effective increase in room mana. Always yummy.

Depending on your courage and defensive buffs, you could also take a flier on sand sprites out on Ratha. Even with all buffs up at maximum, though, you will get hurt in sandies.

I find I learn best by prepping GZ at 1 mana over the minimum (reduces the chance of MR failure) and snapping it off as fast as I can, no targeting, and not even waiting for the fully prepared message.

And sandies cap on TM at exactly 100 ranks, in my experience. They teach other skills, including weapons, higher than that.

One disadvantage for sandies, though, is that they cast Tingle on you, which can both make you drop your weapon (negating Parry as a defense) and held shield (negating Shield as a defense), but that a successful Tingle also gives you something like a 10 second RT. Arm-worn shields are immune to being Tingled, and high stats can reduce/eliminate their chance of getting off a successful Tingle.

They are, however, a swarmer, so keep an eye on your overall mind state, and I have heard of people who have managed to die from the death of a thousand papercuts. ::shrug:: YMMV.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/9xjyj
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/b7zj8
Re: Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 05:25 PM CDT
Sandies hard cap weapons at 110

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 06:19 PM CDT
on my way to blood wolves, and snap cast GZ? I had always thought waiting till full target aim was best? hrmm..things have changed the last few years...ok, I'll give that a shot.

~Mckirk~

Re: Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 06:29 PM CDT
noticed that with my moonie the other day as well, don't even haveta target to learn tm... which is strange i think

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5198137
Re: Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 06:34 PM CDT
snap cast currently trains the best, full-target kills the best in terms of a cast-to-damage ratio.

-Durnil
Re: Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 07:16 PM CDT
wow thats a huge difference. Strange difference, but Mind locked TM. Odd that I can't mind lock with Rock Trolls, but I can with Blood Wolves, even though I can hit both with my TM spells. It just don't make sense, but oh well I guess. Thanks for the tips guys, now to get back into the swing of things.

~Mckirk~

Re: Whats the deal? 05/01/2006 07:19 PM CDT
>>wow thats a huge difference. Strange difference, but Mind locked TM. Odd that I can't mind lock with Rock Trolls, but I can with Blood Wolves, even though I can hit both with my TM spells. It just don't make sense, but oh well I guess. Thanks for the tips guys, now to get back into the swing of things.

Depends on what spells you are using, TM learning is based on how hard you hit and I would think that Rock Trolls would be resistant to a spell like ael while it would hit a blood wolf really hard

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: Whats the deal? 05/02/2006 12:48 AM CDT
<<Odd that I can't mind lock with Rock Trolls, but I can with Blood Wolves, even though I can hit both with my TM spells.>>
Unarmored critters, badgers, cougars, wolves etc have always taught target better.