Re:Which spells teach best 10/02/2005 03:07 PM CDT
Fire rain is likely number two on the list. After that I really have no clue. Hopefully I will never have to find out. It would take me a very long time to fill my pool with any of the one shot spells.
With the recent changes, lightning might be a more viable learning spell.

Rys
Re:Which spells teach best 10/03/2005 02:30 PM CDT
stone strike teaches well, single shot but not first tier. not as good as CL but still darned good for its min prep

Sentai.
The O.G.
Re:Which spells teach best 10/30/2005 08:55 AM CST
Do you find Stone Strike to be as effective for teaching TM as Gar Zeng? I still have three open spell slots from the re-release of the Magic System that I haven't used, and I've been thinking about that spell. How is it in PvP?

I'm trucking along at expert TM with Gar Zeng, but if Stone Strike teach as well and does more or the same amount of damage I'll definately pick it up.

~G.C.
Re:Which spells teach best 10/30/2005 10:46 AM CST
I happen to like Stone Strike, I use it to hunt at level quite a bit. It seems to teach me decent. I took it to hunt in basilisk but ended up using it alot wherever I hunt. I dont get into too much PvP but I would imagine its pretty effective.

Rehlyn

Some thoughtful soul has marked the surface of the lock with a drawing of several very happy looking stick figures.
A tasia corsair says, "Well I was hoping to wait for a cleric first but if you watch my stuff I'll depart. Thanks."
Re:Which spells teach best 10/30/2005 07:55 PM CST
Once I get TM (currently 167 ranks) on par with my weapon training (curently 141) I'll let you know...I like that SSTR can be pretty much snap-cast and do some nice damage (I target for about 4 seconds maybe).

And don't you have to be at melee/pole (plus free hand) for SSTR to work. That helped me decide.

~Brady, player of Bounty Hunter Samus, Wayne Brady and M. Baiter of The Fallen

The shadowling exclaims, "Bogo!"
Looks like someone has BOGO on the brain...
~~~
Join The Fallen!