Time to sound like a newb 06/11/2004 02:51 PM CDT
>>Icy blue frost crackles up your arms with the ferocity of a blizzard as you begin to prepare the Gar Zeng spell!<<

Noticed this in LINKZY's log. I haven't played a warmie with any seriousness for about three years and now I'm noticing people with that ability occasionally. What is it, what's it do, all that rot?

Katsura
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/11/2004 02:53 PM CDT
<<Noticed this in LINKZY's log. I haven't played a warmie with any seriousness for about three years and now I'm noticing people with that ability occasionally. What is it, what's it do, all that rot?

It is a spell prep messaging people can get if they purchase the ability in Throne City. The library is open during the day and it costs 10 plat for WMs and 50 plat for people who are not WMs. There are three WM messages, the frost one, fire, and electrical.

Trebber
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/11/2004 02:53 PM CDT
An NPC in the TC library sells special spell preps. There's also a fest merchant who sells a couple others.
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/11/2004 03:17 PM CDT
>There's also a fest merchant who sells a couple others.

I think this is one of merchant ones...

>You lick the tip of your finger and trace a sigil in the air, the design of the Fire Shard spell showing just faintly enough for you to see.

Tessaa
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/11/2004 03:56 PM CDT
just cos im curious, does it cost TDP's as well?

- Moto, Fyre-Cat

MINE! MINE! MINE! Get away from my swag! - Soim
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/11/2004 04:07 PM CDT
To learn a spell prep doesn't take TDP's but to forget a spell you have learned or gain another spell slot does.

Xavain
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/15/2004 11:57 PM CDT
How many TDPs and how much money for an extra spell slot?
Sounds intriguing; I don't want to wait forever for some spells.
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/16/2004 02:05 AM CDT
I heard the formula is PM-100 /2 + 200 for the TPDs cost on buying spell slots. The plat cost is a flat 10 plat lirums.

Got that off the crossing gweth one day I hope it's not giving anything away.

~Kalyra

The orc clan-chief struggles with Garfaldo's head, but only manages to slice his ear to dripping tatters.
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/16/2004 12:50 PM CDT
>PM-100 /2 + 200

Need paranthesis's around (PM-100) else order of operations will give you wrong answer.

Tessaa the picky nerd
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/16/2004 01:44 PM CDT
Erm...

The correct formula is

(PM + 100)/2 + 200 with a minimum amount of 200 TDPs.

Kalyra did the hard work of actually trying it and I did the minor number crunching to get correct formula. I know this correct version has been posted before, figure mine as well be correct this time too though.

Tessaa
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/16/2004 03:35 PM CDT
>(PM + 100)/2 + 200 with a minimum amount of 200 TDPs.

Uh. No it is (PM - 100). If it was '+', the minimum would be 250. (0+100)/2 + 200 = 50 + 200 = 250.

Buying a spell costs [200 + ((PM-100)/2)] tdps, +100 tdps if you've already purchased one, with a minimum of 200.

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/16/2004 03:45 PM CDT
>(PM + 100)/2 + 200 with a minimum amount of 200 TDPs.

Uh. No it is (PM - 100). If it was '+', the minimum would be 250. (0+100)/2 + 200 = 50 + 200 = 250.

Buying a spell costs [200 + ((PM-100)/2)] tdps, +100 tdps if you've already purchased one, with a minimum of 200.

You're wrong. According to your formula you're about 100 TDPs off for what it cost Kalyra.

Mine is right on. Did you actually test your formula out before you posted or are you just running your mouth and confusing the issue?

Tessaa
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/16/2004 03:46 PM CDT
As if I wasn't confused enough already!

math hater..
~Kalyra

The orc clan-chief struggles with Garfaldo's head, but only manages to slice his ear to dripping tatters.
Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/16/2004 04:06 PM CDT
>You're wrong. According to your formula you're about 100 TDPs off for what it cost Kalyra.

>Mine is right on. Did you actually test your formula out before you posted or are you just running your mouth and confusing the issue?

Tessaa, I don't expect you to be able to do math, so my post wasn't directed to you.

You state: (PM + 100)/2 + 200.

That can be simplified to: (PM/2) + 250 TDPs. How then does one reach the 200 TDPs you also state is the minimum?

And yes, considering I bought a spellslot, and it followed the correct formula, which has been tested by others, and posted in the general magic folder before, perhaps it is you who needs to stop running his mouth. I can understand it is difficult for you to not create drama now that the BMs have gave you your final warning to stop spamming the boards with GvG, but please refrain starting conflicts in non-conflict folders.

Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/16/2004 04:12 PM CDT
>You're wrong. According to your formula you're about 100 TDPs off for what it cost Kalyra.

Perhaps Kalyra had bought a previous slot, and incurred the extra 100 TDP cost for #2+ that was included?

Re: Time to sound like a newb 06/16/2004 04:24 PM CDT
>That can be simplified to: (PM/2) + 250 TDPs. How then does one reach the 200 TDPs you also state is the minimum

I was incorrect on posting the minimum.

>I can understand it is difficult for you to not create drama now that the BMs have gave you your final warning to stop spamming the boards with GvG

Huh?

>Perhaps Kalyra had bought a previous slot, and incurred the extra 100 TDP cost for #2+ that was included?

Copy/paste from IM...

DoinkDISfc: any chance you bought a previous slot?
War Witch DR: nope

So this is what I know:
1) I know that for at least one case my version works.
2) I know that for at least one case yours does not.
3) I know that I don't care enough to keep arguing about it.

>And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
>Edgar Poe, from "The Raven"...first stanza?

Tessaa