I suggest 11/19/2015 03:39 PM CST

Bringin back the sledgehammer and getting rid of the cilks vodur.
Re: I suggest 11/19/2015 05:12 PM CST
Could someone translate this for me? I don't get it at all.
Re: I suggest 11/19/2015 06:12 PM CST
>Bringin back the sledgehammer and getting rid of the cilks vodur.

>Could someone translate this for me? I don't get it at all.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elemental_weapon

He means vilks kodur. Translates to 'Wolf Bite'. 2Hb Rakash racial weapon template.

The heavy sledgehammer is a superior 2HB template to the vilks kodur.

From a post (didn't snag the post number, just looked it up on tinyheroes) in the Dragonrealms/Magic Talk/Current Warrior Mage Magic Re:Elemental weapons thread...

"HE was changed to require the Expert Bladed Weapon Design Technique, and now creates Marauder Blades and Periperiu Swords. 2HB changed from a Heavy Sledgehammer to a Vilks Kodur as the TURN template, so that the two weapons were not the same template. This is live everywhere.

Javac
That one guy"

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: I suggest 11/19/2015 06:29 PM CST
Thanks for the explanation. I haven't played with elemental weapons.
Re: I suggest 11/19/2015 06:38 PM CST
> The heavy sledgehammer is a superior 2HB template to the vilks kodur.

This is yet another point in which to add to the costs of utilizing Elemental weapons. With all the different costs coupled with some uses of inferior templates the costs were just too much for me to want to reevaluate a decade or more of training to support Elemental weapons. I do think they are cool, just not worth the investment to me. The main cost deterrent for me is forging techniques.

Elemental weapons should not be a replacement for crafted weapons. Which currently I do not feel that they are. A different approach, sure.
Re: I suggest 11/20/2015 02:32 AM CST

the does get it done. the sledgehammer is just cooler. and or figuring a way to alter elemental weapons would be neato. like altering a familiar
Re: I suggest 12/16/2015 03:35 PM CST
I apologize for being so late to this conversation.

>The heavy sledgehammer is a superior 2HB template to the vilks kodur.

If this is the reason, don't turn it. The maul template is identical to the heavy sledgehammer template. Which is why I changed the TURN template for 2HB in the first place.

>This is yet another point in which to add to the costs of utilizing Elemental weapons.

No it's not. See above.

>The main cost deterrent for me is forging techniques.

There's just no way to justify giving you Tier 5 weapons without some crafting interactions. It's not going to be for everybody, and that's good. You don't have to go all in to get benefit out of the system, either.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: I suggest 12/18/2015 02:17 PM CST
Elemental weapons are pretty cool. You can get all of the weapon types with only the expansive infusions meta spell, which is 2 slots and bumps you up to tier 3 weapons (best store bought).

You can add in reinforced infusions for 2 more spell slots, and hold a very rare ingot while summoning or shaping, and now you have tier 4 weapons of every type (player crafted steel).

Or, you can pick up one or two of the elemental damage meta spells instead to add fire/cold/electricity damage.

So, for 2 spell slots you get tier 3 weapons of every type, and for 4 you can bump that up to tier 4. Or for 3/4/5 slots you can have 1/2/3 elemental damage types plus tier 3 of every weapon type.

Would I have liked to spend 0 slots? Of course! But that's not viable when considering game balance.

Thanks again, Javac and whoever else worked on these.