newbie WM help 08/11/2017 06:43 PM CDT
trying to figure out the summoning skills and how to train it
I SUMMON IMPED to where the excess energy was gone and thought i was done, a few hours later I tried to ALIGN FIRE again and found I was already there and had a great excess of energy built up.
is this bad? it sounds bad! how do I stop building up the energy?

Finishing your meditation, you feel that you still have a great excess of energy to purge.
Re: newbie WM help 08/11/2017 07:27 PM CDT
You probably cast spells from whatever element you are aligned to. If you have any pathways you can drain off your charge by running one until it stops.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: newbie WM help 08/11/2017 07:49 PM CDT
It is not bad. It just means you capped the amount of Elemental Charge you can hold. Like MKIBBE said, it is likely from casting Fire-aligned spells. I will guess you were hunting with Fire Shard or Fire Ball, as that is rather typical.

Not only is it not bad, its actually really good, because to train Summoning while in combat you will need to attempt to maintain charge. Typically someone will cap their charge with Summon Admit, enter combat, and then utilize a pathway aligned to the same Element as the spells you're casting in combat. (Fire being the most common for training TM.) This allows you to keep up the Pathway as long as possible in attempts to mind lock Summoning.
Re: newbie WM help 08/12/2017 12:26 AM CDT
The lore is that elemental charge is a physical strain on your body, but there's no negative side effects to elemental charge. The only real reflection of this lore is that your maximum charge is based on your Stamina score.

As everyone is saying, charge is a good thing! You usually want as much as you can get, as its your guild resource pool as a WM.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Re: newbie WM help 08/12/2017 12:34 AM CDT
You can also train the Summoning skill buy summoning, turning, or shaping Elemental Weapons.

See https://elanthipedia.play.net/Elemental_weapon for more information on that system.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: newbie WM help 08/12/2017 09:36 AM CDT

Awesome, thanks for the advice.