Stat question 03/13/2014 09:30 AM CDT
So I had been happily training my stats all equally, got them all to 50 and for some reason couldn't make up my mind what stat would be most important for me to raise next, I've procrastinated so long that I'm sitting on, give or take, 4k TDP, so I feel it's time to get some guidance and actually do something with them.

I currently don't have burden problems at all, I can train all my combats reasonably without struggling, though in 3.1 test I do have to rough it a tier above what I'm used to, and that gets tricky.

So the question in my mind, is do I raise agil/reflex first to ease my way into 3.1 hunting, or do I raise int/disc/wis to make spell casting more effective and help drain rates to catch up skills?

If it helps any, I play an elf, but I'm not really stressing the racial bonus/penalties right now.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Stat question 03/13/2014 03:36 PM CDT
>So the question in my mind, is do I raise agil/reflex first to ease my way into 3.1 hunting, or do I raise int/disc/wis to make spell casting more effective and help drain rates to catch up skills?

Important questions:

1. Is PvP combat important to you?

2. Is stealth as a combat tool important to you?

3. Do you use the heaviest or lightest variant weapon templates?

4. What armor type(s) do you favor?

5. Is your character a spellcaster with weapon skills or a weaponmaster with magic skills?

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Stat question 03/13/2014 03:41 PM CDT
Sorry, that does seem important info, here are the answers in turn:

PvP is a large consideration for me.

Stealth, not important at all.

I use large edged primarily, and the heaviest I can effectively, also tending towards heavier weapons in general.

Plate armor entirely.

Weaponmaster with magic skills would be closer to accurate, I enjoy using disables, but have had problems getting them to stick with out moderately high casts lately.
Re: Stat question 07/30/2014 06:51 PM CDT
If you like heavy weapons and do PvP, I would suggest investing in str/stam to support heavy thrown.

Plate + no stealth suggests to me that you aren't too heavily invested in PvP or haven't gotten into it much yet.

Our disablers are all Mind or Magic attacks now. That means int/disc/wis for mind and wis/int/disc for magic attacks.

As every stat seems to get diminishing returns, the best way to get the most out of your TDPs is to simply raise the cheapest stat for you. Or keep them balanced by TDP cost. There's a nice table for that on Epedia.

Good luck!
Re: Stat question 07/31/2014 09:37 PM CDT
Train stats that support what you want to be better at, with a preference for those that are cheaper for your race.