charisma? 08/24/2012 05:37 PM CDT
I'm trying to decide how to apply tdps and I'm currently at:

Strength : 34 Reflex : 30
Agility : 30 Charisma : 7
Discipline : 30 Wisdom : 30
Intelligence : 30 Stamina : 30

Concentration : 165 Max : 165

I've been out of the world a while and just came back recently. Should I bring Charisma in line or can I continue to ignore it? I read on elanthipedia.org that it helps with spell vs. statistic magic and I currently only buff myself in combat. I don't use offensive magic (backtraining stuff that's important now, i.e. shield).

thanks
Re: charisma? 08/24/2012 06:50 PM CDT
right now for WM specifically, <aside from things charisma helps everyone with <depart times, etc> the only buff i've seen with charisma is having a familiar drag you off from being stunned. This is with fir fams only if i recall correctly.

Once the pet system is in place this might change, and it may or not have some bearing with the summoning skill <which will be required to circle in 3.0> -- that part is unknown at present.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: charisma? 08/25/2012 06:49 PM CDT
The casting side of contested spells uses Charisma as well, I'm pretty sure. So if you use SD or Vertigo or whatever, Charisma will make you more effective.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: charisma? 08/27/2012 02:28 PM CDT
ah, thanks for the info. I guess I'll leave it alone for now. I do not have SD/vertigo type spells. My only offensive spells are fs, cl, lb.