backtraining parry 01/02/2012 12:00 PM CST
i'm both seeking to fulfill the reqs and exceed them with parry. So far I've taken shield up to 184, but the same ones i've backtrained to raise up my shield with don't teach parry at all <at 157> with the appropriate stance. <i do evasion 100/shield 83/parry 0 for shield - evasion 100/parry 83/shield 0 for parry. I have a parry stick in pristine condition as well.

I'd like to get both of these up to the same level as my evasion <210> and my main weapon <ME:198 so far>, before I start working on my TM again <that's at 227>, so i'm trying to play catch-up to bring up the "war" side as well as the "mage" side of the equation.

Can anyone suggest creatures that would help me work my parry better? preferably near riverhaven, but i'll travel if need be.

player of-shvartz in plat-

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: backtraining parry 01/02/2012 10:21 PM CST
At the skills you describe, Ryeka-Prime was using Lang peccs and trolls. You might want to look at brocket deer too.

Good luck!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: backtraining parry 01/02/2012 10:23 PM CST
Have you tried Brocket Deer? Middle tier will probably train parry, but you might want to stance down evasion. You're probably dodging too much to learn well. If you have the survival skills to go through Rossman's you don't even have to take the barge from Riverhaven.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: backtraining parry 01/03/2012 03:14 PM CST
<<Can anyone suggest creatures that would help me work my parry better? preferably near riverhaven, but i'll travel if need be.>>

I've been using seordhvor kartais in Oshu'Ehhrsk Manor to train defenses. I currently have 240 shield, 177 parry, evasion 215, chain leather and cloth 209 - 134. When I started hunting them my parry was around 120 and my shield was 160 (so roughly 60 to 80 ranks ago across the board). They web pretty constantly which also makes them great escape teachers. Hunting them with a melee weapon is kind of frustrating as you can't attack while webbed but they still mindlock my defenses quickly. There is a pretty hefty climbing requirement to get inside the manor (unless you use the puzzle entrance, but there's also a script for that). You can still prep and cast spells while webbed so its easy to wrap up your trip or work skinning. Interesting S'kra history there as a bonus.

skaen
Re: backtraining parry 01/04/2012 06:53 AM CST
<<Interesting S'kra history there as a bonus.>> true, my necro and my thief love the place, but my warmie has nowhere near the climbing to get in. have tried elder deer though and they seem to be working, although at times i'm ending up an empaths dream. :-)

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]