Survival Skills 02/18/2011 01:54 PM CST
I'm curious if a few of the Warrior Mages would mind posting their top survivals that they train for circling. Over in the Bard folder I'm having a discussion of the top survivals for our Guild and why. I'm wondering if that would be similar to Warrior Mages, as another survival tert Guild, or if there are some differences that show up because of the way most o the members train/hunt/whatever. Thanks for your help!

~~
Lupdels
Re: Survival Skills 02/18/2011 01:58 PM CST
From highest to lowest:

Evasion
Skinning
Perception
stalking
swimming
climbing
foraging
stealing
Re: Survival Skills 02/18/2011 02:06 PM CST
In order: Perception, Evasion, Skinning, Hiding, Foraging, Stalking, Climbing, First Aid.

Stalking's lagging because I gained the majority of my survival ranks before HUNTing existed (still recently reactivated). Back when it was a lot harder to train, it dropped way behind my hiding skill. Hunt's helped it a lot though, and it's only 5 ranks behind now; it'll probably pass hiding before too long since I still can't hide against my at-level hunting.

Perception I used to train religiously through juggling, more recently through collecting (why foraging is up there) and using hunt. Evasion and skinning just sorta happen.
Re: Survival Skills 02/18/2011 02:10 PM CST
Highest to lowest...

Evasion
Perception
Foraging
Swimming
Climbing
Skinning

The rest are pitiful.
Re: Survival Skills 02/18/2011 02:20 PM CST
Evasion
Skinning
Perception
Foraging
First Aide
Swimming
Climbing
Escaping

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Survival Skills 02/18/2011 04:04 PM CST
Six used for training, in order from highest to lowest: Evasion, Skinning, Perception, Foraging, First Aid, Stalking. Climbing and Hiding are both also high enough to meet my circle requirement, however.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Survival Skills 02/18/2011 06:18 PM CST
Evasion
Skinning
Perception
Lockpicking
First aid
Disarm
Climbing
Hiding

Rehlyn

You gesture at a gargantuan korograth.
A sheet of slippery rich amber ale-hued ice forms beneath a gargantuan korograth!
The gargantuan korograth refuses to fall.
Re: Survival Skills 02/19/2011 11:14 AM CST
>Stalking's lagging because I gained the majority of my survival ranks before HUNTing existed (still recently reactivated). Back when it was a lot harder to train, it dropped way behind my hiding skill. Hunt's helped it a lot though, and it's only 5 ranks behind now; it'll probably pass hiding before too long since I still can't hide against my at-level hunting.

I'm actually kinda surprised that Stalking isn't more common and higher up among the people who have posted so far. Just from the glance at the Bard Guild and a similar post I did in the Paladin folder, Stalking has usually been one of the higher skills.

Evasion, Perception, and Skinning seem to be the top three on average for the Guilds I've asked so far.

~~
Lupdels
Re: Survival Skills 02/19/2011 07:45 PM CST
Haven't been playing much, recently, but my highest 6 survivals (in order) are:
Perception
Evasion
Skinning
Disarm traps
Lockpicking
Foraging

After the skill combine, Hiding will become Stealth, and be my new 6th highest.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

I hunt the deadliest game of all: nerd.
-Armifer
Re: Survival Skills 02/19/2011 08:51 PM CST
Evasion
Perception
First Aid
Climbing
Foraging
Skinning
Hiding
Swimming

Binu
Re: Survival Skills 02/21/2011 09:27 PM CST
Foraging
Perception
Evasion
Climbing
Skinning
Swimming
First Aid
Re: Survival Skills 02/22/2011 06:21 AM CST
Evasion:
Perception:
First Aid:
Foraging:
Stalking:
Swimming:
Climbing:
Skinning:

Only one with any worth mentioning rank.
Re: Survival Skills 02/22/2011 09:27 AM CST
Evasion
Foraging
Perception
Skinning
First Aid
Climbing
Lockpick
Disarm

I pretty much gave up on stealths since it took forever to train, and backtraining took too long.

The fabric of the universe seems to wobble momentarily. Uh, what did you just do?