Rime fang giving trouble 11/24/2010 07:00 PM CST
Odd problem with Rimefang right now where I cannot even cast at minimum prep..."pattern collapses at last moment". I have cast this spell successfully for months. Did it get tweaked?

Thanks.

Elemental Magic: 234 42%
Harness Ability: 249 16% learning (3/34)
Targeted Magic: 161 19% dabbling (1/34)

"The enemy of a good plan is the dream of the perfect plan"
-Clausewitz
Re: Rime fang giving trouble 11/24/2010 08:59 PM CST
Consider nerve damage, area... weather.

If all else fails, try using pathway ease and a fir familiar (panther) to cast it successfully.

Which would be worse? To live as a monster or to die as a good man?
Re: Rime fang giving trouble 11/24/2010 10:38 PM CST
<<..."pattern collapses at last moment".

Are you perhaps hunting undead at the moment? I think that's the message that happens when the super undead resistance kicks in. Any magic resistance really, but its only really a common occurance if there's undead or Barbs in the room. Even if its not contesting them directly, it might contest the general room MR.

If this is the case, casting with more mana may allow you to overcome it.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: Rime fang giving trouble 11/24/2010 11:38 PM CST
Is that the message that starts out "You have difficulty manipulating the mana streams..." or somesuch?

In which case, yes, that's the spell failing against the combined MR of the room.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Rime fang giving trouble 11/26/2010 08:03 AM CST
Odd question, is your attack stance at 0% by any chance?

As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton
Re: Rime fang giving trouble 11/27/2010 02:22 PM CST
Now working in other rooms without people...guess it was MR. Kinda good to know that my spell won't work if fighting against a barb or someone...at least until I can bump up the juice a little.

"The enemy of a good plan is the dream of the perfect plan"
-Clausewitz
Re: Rime fang giving trouble 11/27/2010 02:49 PM CST
<<Now working in other rooms without people...guess it was MR. Kinda good to know that my spell won't work if fighting against a barb or someone...

Welcome to the wonderful world of enchantes. Enjoy the view.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran