alittle advice for CL? 09/25/2010 08:36 PM CDT
just picked up CL at 45th circle.

I'm not seeing it do much damage though.

stats are 30 agil, 30 discipline, 200 TM, casting at 11 prep <more makes me backfire.

opponent is thicket vipers. I have no problem hitting these with GZ, and lock fairly easily. However, i'm not seeing the same results with either CL by itself or with cast area.

only seeing mild abrasions on the critters
help?

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: alittle advice for CL? 09/26/2010 06:06 AM CDT
You need more skill. CL is not going to be useful for much at 45th circle.
Re: alittle advice for CL? 09/26/2010 06:31 AM CDT
approximately when does it start being effective?

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: alittle advice for CL? 09/26/2010 10:09 AM CDT
It seemed to get a lot more umph when you could push 15+ mana into it, and even then it was a case of total damage from the bolts working out as powerful. Working in tandem with a WM who's around the 70 range, he can generally one shot stuff with Lash, but CL is more for clearing crowds with multiple casts.

Samsaren Remlane
I will defend to your death, your right, to my opinion.
Re: alittle advice for CL? 09/26/2010 11:13 AM CDT
>It seemed to get a lot more umph when you could push 15+ mana into it,

And this I believe happens around 300-350 PM/Harn. Could be wrong.

I've read in past posts that it doesn't really shine until 25+ mana. shrug 15+ is pretty good, though.
Re: alittle advice for CL? 09/26/2010 10:29 PM CDT
I don't really ever put more than 21 mana into CL. It doesn't seem too great for those who can barely cast it, but as you start to grow into it you'll see its power and potential. Try using damage or other pathways with it til you can cast with more mana. It is still THE single spell I use for training TM if I'm in a swarmy area and my magics are all 500+

Gosh, I have no idea why you think that the person you told "I'm going to kill you over and over for that when I get back up" continues to make your life miserable. - DR-Wiking