Sigilated Platinum Ring Questions 03/23/2010 06:08 PM CDT
How do I bond it to me?

I'm guessing focus on it until I get some sort of message telling me I've pierced it's secrets.

Which comes to my next question...

How many ranks of Arcana is needed to bond/use one of the rings?

Also other then focus and touch are there any other commands I need to know?
Re: Sigilated Platinum Ring Questions 03/23/2010 06:39 PM CDT
Dang dont remember,I think ya just focus on it til it says something like,"its attuned to your right hand",or keep focusing to tune it to your left hand.

You can also RECALL RING to see its contents
Re: Sigilated Platinum Ring Questions 03/23/2010 09:18 PM CDT
There doesn't seem to be an Arcana requirement, it just takes a very long time if you have low Arcana. Keep Focusing until it takes.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Sigilated Platinum Ring Questions 03/24/2010 10:37 AM CDT
what they said...
well turn, adjust, and spin, but those are all normal for rings
yeah takes about 20 focus's to attune it to your right hand, next focus should be your left hand, and after that it clears, and you have to start over.

Tekemi exclaims, "It's practically a smorgasbord out here!"
Tekemi says to Tokomi, "You're the prime rib, of course."
Re: Sigilated Platinum Ring Questions 03/24/2010 01:03 PM CDT
Just out of curiosity since Ive seen them around for a while... where did the sigilated rings come from? Was it a fest deal?
Re: Sigilated Platinum Ring Questions 03/24/2010 01:21 PM CDT
War mage meeting and Galain 100th circle party(Fire Rings).
Re: Sigilated Platinum Ring Questions 03/24/2010 03:48 PM CDT
Air rings were from (at least) the opening of the Mer'Kesh ('kresh?) guildhall, and were available for a lot longer (restocked several times) so are greatly more common.

Then they were like 'Oh god these things are too common' and we haven't seen them again since.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Sigilated Platinum Ring Questions 03/24/2010 06:33 PM CDT
Thanks for the replies.

As I've focused and focused there seems to be a lot of steps and if I don't get past one in a certain time limit it starts over so I see this as a long ordeal or just get more RANKS haha.

I believe if the ring was not previously bonded I may have gotten the bond when the messaging came up something to the effect of, "Your magical senses feel this ring is bonded to another person, but with further manipulation of it's magic you may be able to bond it to yourself...."

My next 4 focus' failed and I had to start anew and never saw that message again unfortunatly after awhile trying.

Thanks for the info! I'll keep tryin! I'm doing a good focusing session every 5 ranks of Arcana.