Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Back from LONG abscence.. Spell Help Please ) 01/15/2009 06:37 PM CST
curiosity overcomes me.. why?
Re: Back from LONG abscence.. Spell Help Please ) 01/15/2009 07:01 PM CST
He's afraid of competition obviously

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Need Help Getting Reacquainted 08/02/2009 11:28 PM CDT
Oh boy, think this might be the best place for this, at least for a portion of my problem.

Basically I've just returned from a long(uh, something like 6 years?) hiatus. I managed to plod myself back to a guildmaster and circle myself something like eight times to 42.

Anyways, I have a completely empty spellbook and I'm, well, not entirely sure quite where and what everything is anymore. Seems a lot has changed since then and I'd love to get any sort of advice I can get, given the clean slate I'm working with. Really any sort of resources would be nice.. everything I used to know seems to have changed a bit. :)

-Danatheil
Re: Need Help Getting Reacquainted 08/02/2009 11:28 PM CDT
www.elanthipedia.com

Welcome back.

Rev. Reene

Hrethgar says to you, "And on a side note, I find your gender bending experiments both hilarious and educational."

Ventuul says to you, "I believe this is why you have trouble at social gatherings."
Re: Need Help Getting Reacquainted 08/02/2009 11:36 PM CDT
As far as your spells go, as long as you don't have any RP reasons for limiting your choices, you'll want to have at least the following:

Buffs:
Y'ntrel Sechra
Sure Footing
Swirling Winds

TM:
Gar Zeng (if you don't have the skills for Chain Lightning)
Aether Lash
Chain Lightning

Many of those have prereqs. There are other spells that are nice to have. I'll let more knowledgeable people comment about them.

-Golgol
Re: Need Help Getting Reacquainted 08/02/2009 11:41 PM CDT
Welcome back. Now please just don't tell everyone you were asleep for 24 years.

- George, Player of Foresee
Re: Need Help Getting Reacquainted 08/02/2009 11:50 PM CDT
Thanks for the welcome wishes. Plenty of stuff for me to read on Elanthipedia I guess, though the amount of knowledge I need to reacquire is.. daunting.

And no, no plans to tell anyone I've been asleep for ages, haha. I am just pretty darn dazed and confused though. I was a bit disappointed to realize I'm apparently 60. Poor, old S'kra.

Looking through the spell list there doesn't seem to be too many -new- spells since I left, at least, so there isn't that trouble to look forward to figuring out.

But yes, thank you. :)
Re: Need Help Getting Reacquainted 08/02/2009 11:53 PM CDT
If he's just gotten to 42 after a long absence, it's conceivable his magic skills could be a problem for CL.

>Buffs: Y'ntrel Sechra

Leather armor probably counts as an "rp reason for limiting your choices." I was dramatically underwhelmed with YS's performance as an absorption buff in leathers. Has anyone gotten enough out of the spell for it to be worth it who wears inadvisable armor?

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Need Help Getting Reacquainted 08/03/2009 03:47 AM CDT
I'll put in a second for:
Y'ntrel Sechra - Important for plate, slightly less so for chain
Sure Footing
Swirling Winds - Best spell in my book
Aether Lash - Best TM spell in my book
Chain Lightning - Best AOE spell in my book

Prereqs to spells I recommended that I like:
Zephyr - You can help Empaths!
Tingle - Cause enemies with tower shields are hard to hit.
Lighting Bolt - Death from above so it just ignores the shield.

Biggish changes:
Dragon's Breath is cool now. You can SPIT fire.
Ice Patch is not what it once was, but a decent spell.

If you like exploring:
Mantle of Flame - Lights up those dark rooms
Earth Sense - Finds hidden exits/people

I don't use them, buuuuut:
Tailwind - Do you like bows?
Rising Mists - Do you like to hide?
Ethereal Fissure - Big mana boost, but I've heard it's best with about 300 PM
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page