Combat Rituals 01/05/2017 07:29 PM CST
I have been thinking a lot about ritual spells. Although you can argue on how frequently people of our existing rituals, I would rather talk about ways to make rituals more unique to Warrior Mages. I love being a WM because of our pure combat power; we are THE masters of TM. However, so many of our spells are very similar with slight mechanics differences on the backend. I always felt that more diversity would be more fun and provide some of the interesting play styles that Clerics and Necros enjoy. Therefore, wouldn't it be cool if we had a TM based ritual that could be cast in combat? the intent could be end-game style, high difficulty spells, with really cool niche effects; something magnificent you might expect from a truly powerful mage walking into pure chaos (invasion, etc). Im not talking about a super-shockwave or anything. Here are a few ideas:

Erruption Ritual - Fire Rain Metaspell / Requires Tremor - Cyclic spell that causes a Fire Rain like AoE TM Dmg. Damage could be either fire or falling molten projectiles (fire and/or impact). Additionally, its a pulsing balance debilitator with knockdown.

Summon Elemental Ritual - E. Fissure Metaspell - Cyclic or single cast - Requires an existing fissure in the room. Summons forth an elemental from the planes of existence of the element type of the fissure; it would literally climb out of the fissure. Damage of elemental could be dependent on TM; duration/health of elemental could be dependent on Summoning ranks & mana.(Would be cool to see summoning ranks really play into our TM combat besides pathways). This could also help bring back some of the fun mechanics of Ball Lightning without it being weak like Ball Lightning. Depending on your summoning skill you can give different commands to the elemental (attack specific creature, guard target person, etc)

Overall I think it would just be nice to give some diversity that not only allows us to alter gameplay a bit, but is both useful enough to actually be used while leveraging our guild specific skills and natural strengths.