Warrior Mage Utility 07/15/2015 08:04 PM CDT
I know it's supposed to be a weak spot for the guild but it seems to be an overly giant gaping weak spot. Are there any future utility spells planned for warrior mages? My favorite utility spells from other guilds are invisibility, spell battery (Cleric OM), and vitality battery (Paladin VOS). I know war mages are more offensive, so could they get get a mana battery type spell for storing mana in order to unleash holy hell when the time is right? Or maybe a utility spell for beefing up familiars or something? Anyone have any ideas?

-Nate
Re: Warrior Mage Utility 07/16/2015 10:15 AM CDT
A duplicate post was hidden.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator

If you have a question about the forums, please email me Senior Board Moderator Helje at DR-Helje@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net
Re: Warrior Mage Utility 07/16/2015 10:53 AM CDT

I personally don't think warmage utility is that bad. Utility spells may be a bit lacking, but we get a lot of utility slot free from familiars and elemental weapons(well, buffing these isn't free). I wouldn't want what other guilds already have personally, but do look forward to when the Risen code is finished so that our familiars are able to be expanded upon, which could lead to increased utility spells to augment their abilities
Re: Warrior Mage Utility 07/16/2015 11:01 AM CDT

Sorry, double post, but maybe a spell sort of like fissure. . . . that ramps up damage type of one element type while diminishing other elemental types? Align to fire, all fire damage is increased but cold and electric are diminished. Could be useful when fighting critters that deal elemental damage types, or when dueling players of guilds that are tooled to certain damage types.
Re: Warrior Mage Utility 07/16/2015 11:37 AM CDT
Maybe a spell battery like spell that casts random or your choice basic-advanced TM spells? It wouldn't be targetable, but it would be able to be dispelled.
Re: Warrior Mage Utility 07/16/2015 12:24 PM CDT

I originally was thinking something like an orb that contains the fury of a built up fire rain, when activated it dumps all cycles on the room at once. But with fire rain being cyclic, I don't know how the GMs would like our pulsing death into/out of an orb, and sounds like it could be OP as all hell.
Re: Warrior Mage Utility 07/16/2015 12:34 PM CDT
Wouldn't it be cool if war mages had a spell battery that lets us keep fully prepped debilitation and targeted spells ready? I would be all over that. Store a fully prepped IP to nail someone with and then rain down the pain?

-Nate
Re: Warrior Mage Utility 07/16/2015 01:16 PM CDT

Perhaps another option that is not so close to the cleric's orb would be a battery for elemental charge that could store and when released could refill our charge and perhaps have additional effects such as minor attuement restoral, summoning skill exp, or summoning skill boost.
Re: Warrior Mage Utility 07/16/2015 01:24 PM CDT
I'd rather see spell matrix/sequencers/triggers as part of craft enchanting as a consumable device where any mage could load them up with spells and anyone with arcana skill (or not, depending how they were set up) could use them.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Warrior Mage Utility 07/17/2015 10:10 AM CDT
WM utility is pretty decent, IMO. There are some things that could improve.

For instance, familiars could use some updating - for instance to prevent items a familiar is carrying from disappearing if the familiar is dismissed or the summoner ghosts.

There could be more things in the guild package that aren't combat focused. Maybe WMs could exploit planar mechanics to alter the composition or position of rocks in a mine and make extracting rare metals easier. Or maybe tweaking the fluid properties of liquid metal with something like an elemental domain could give them an edge in forging, etc. IMO anything that allows more opportunities to use phenominal cosmic power that literally breaks physics to make my character's life a little easier in a trivial way is great. I really love all the flavor that has developed around summoning. =)

Even some minor or whimsical stuff would be fun. For instance, if Warrior Mages can summon weapons, why not other things? Maybe randomly fishing through an elemental fissure in the name of "research" could be a thing, and could proc a thematicly appropriate loot drop or hilariously bad consequence every so often while teaching Summoning and maybe a crafting skill.

Mazrian
Re: Warrior Mage Utility 07/17/2015 11:16 PM CDT
I like it. >SUMMON DARKBOX

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -